1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

Wheelbarrow at Tractor Supply Company (TSC)...

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by gogetter, Jun 18, 2004.

1. gogetter

gogetter Banned

Anybody see or use that monster size wheel barrow sold at Tractor Supply Company stores?

It's a 10cuft with dual wheels, but it's got BIG knobby wheels on it and seems heavier duty then the ones by Tru Temper.

I currently use an 8cuft Tru Temper (the yellow one).

I see a lot of guys using the 10cuft one from Tru Temper (the orange one, which is now being sold in blue).

The big 10cuft Tru Temper is like $115 I think, and the one at TSC is only $99, but like I said it looks to be much heavier duty.

Would like to hear from someone using one. Anyone???.
  2. impactlandscaping

impactlandscaping LawnSite Silver Member

I saw that the other day when I was picking up a new trailer. Didn't see how much it was. 100 bucks isn't bad..looks pretty solid...I might get one and let ya know..:D
  3. MudslinginFX4

MudslinginFX4 LawnSite Bronze Member

Too heavy, we still use the single wheel ones and they seem to do just fine. Not to mention, they are half the price.
  4. gogetter

gogetter Banned

Not to mention they hold half the capacity and take twice as long to move material.

I love my two wheeled 8cuft model. And this TSC 10cuft model has bigger tires so it should roll even easier.
  5. MudslinginFX4

MudslinginFX4 LawnSite Bronze Member

Single wheeled ones fit in tighter places :)
  6. Lawn-Scapes

Lawn-Scapes LawnSite Silver Member

Jonathan.. Ask them if you can demo it for a day :D

How's business for you this year... good?
  7. gogetter

gogetter Banned

Lol! There's an idea!

But seriously, I would just buy it if I did more mulch jobs (particularly larger ones). But I just don't do that many, and already have an 8 cu.ft. one.
    Other guys here might find it useful though.

Business is ok Tom. Still need to add more lawns, but they're coming here and there. Just kinda taking my time so I don't get overwhelmed all at once.

Hope all is well for you. Do you still have your daughter helping you?

P.S. ECM, I also have a 6 cu.ft. single wheel model for those smaller, tighter mulch jobs. I got one with a poly tub and kinda regret it. It's very flimsy overall. It won't hold up to long term use, but it was real cheap. So I'll get my moneys worth out of it anyway. But a warning to others, stay away from the plastic tub 6 cu.ft. model from Tru Temper.
  8. Lawn-Scapes

Lawn-Scapes LawnSite Silver Member

Everything is going well for me. Very busy.. so busy that I had to sub out all of my mulch jobs or I would have never gotten to them. It was kind of poor planning by me.. I will never again schedule mulching during the cutting season :eek:

Whether my daughter will work for me is still up in the air. My properties are so large that I would need to buy another 72" machine to make it so we are both busy. I don't really want to subject her to this God awful heat and my temper (I'm a tough boss) either. We'll see... it sure would make my life a little easier if she did! :)
  9. Cutters Lawn Care

Cutters Lawn Care LawnSite Senior Member

Gogetter I've got the wheelbarrow you are talking about. It is a monster. I can have it completely full and it's a breeze to move around. The dual wheels makes it so much more stable.