1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

Wheelbarrow parts....

Discussion in 'Homeowner Assistance Forum' started by chrisexv6, May 2, 2008.

1. chrisexv6

chrisexv6 LawnSite Member
    from CT

Looking for a part for my "Sears" (seems that Jackson/True Temper was the OEM for Sears on this one) dual tire wheelbarrow. It seems to be the same as the Jackson CP6TW, but with a steel tray.

I need the axle bracket, but cant find a source for parts online. Have seen the Winged Fab. upgrade kit, and thats a thought but if I could get just a replacement bracket I wouldnt be spending so much $$$ on an old wheelbarrow :)

I would replace it anew but I cant find any good replacements. My steel tray Sears has held up very well, a nasty spill with a full load caused the axle bracket to bend. Ordered one replacement but it turned out to be VERY light duty compared to the one its replacing.

Thanks in advance.

2. jkason

jkason LawnSite Senior Member

True temper/Jackson has been supplanted by Ames/True Temper.

As we all know, Ames went belly-up. And was purchased by a foriegn company.
    If you are looking for a heavy duty replacement, you are probably going to have to cruise every hardware store, farm store and jobber on the east coast, or get some metalworking skills.
  3. jkason

jkason LawnSite Senior Member

After searching a little harder...
    Found out that they are still an American company. Probably stamped overseas, though.

Go here for the phone number for relpacement parts....
  4. chrisexv6

chrisexv6 LawnSite Member
    from CT

Thanks for the reply (I guess I should call you neighbor, Im from Milford CT :) ).

Just called them and they are sending a set out for free. Gotta love a company that knows how to take care of their customers.

They also confirmed that they are the OEM for the Sears wheelbarrow that I have.

Thanks again.

5. steveone

steveone LawnSite Member

I know a company that sales the replacement parts for a jackson m series wheelbarrow. That's the 6 cubic foot contractor grade one. The company is Capitol City Scaffolding and Equipment Co. Inc. They are in Nashville, TN but will ship anywhere. Their website is www.capcityequipment.com and you can call them toll free at 877-627-7877. They have decent prices and it sure beats buying another wheelbarrow. I hope this somebody