1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

Discussion in 'Landscape Architecture and Design' started by bigviclbi, May 30, 2005.

1. bigviclbi

bigviclbi LawnSite Senior Member
    from nj

Wheelbarrows do you guys use? It seems to me we kick the crap out of the ones at home depot, plastic and metal, so where else can I get a heavy duty one? Can I order a new plastic tub that broke since the wheel and arms are still good? I also need to get a tree dolly, know of a good website I can order one from?Thanks in advance for any help.
  2. MarcusLndscp

MarcusLndscp LawnSite Senior Member

We've always used Jackson. They are blue plastic tubs and take a pretty good beating. All the parts are able to be ordered seperately so you can replace what you want when you want. Ours I think come from A.M. Leonard but I may be wrong. I've seen them in quite a few supply catalogs so they should not be that hard to find. If you can't find them let me know and I will look into it further for you
  3. treedoc1

treedoc1 LawnSite Senior Member

Home Depot has the Jacksons with a 6cf metal tub for $87. Replace the pnuematic tire and add a solid core tire and you are set for two years. If I get three years I consider myself lucky.
  4. MarcusLndscp

that's much cheaper than the ones we buy with the plastic tub. I think they are in the range of $250 but I could be wrong. I've had my 2 for over 6 or 7 years. Had to replace the support brackets in the back once but that's it. And i agree about the tires
  5. MarcusLndscp

go to www.amleonard.com and under product index go to Carts and Wheelbarrows. You will find the Jackson wheelbarrows with the poly tub for like $150 or less. The item # seems different to me than what I thought ours were but I could be wrong.
  6. sheshovel

sheshovel LawnSite Fanatic

I got my 8cu two wheeler plastic tubber for $100.00.
    at my irrigation suppliers.GO TWO WHEELS!
  7. AGLA

AGLA LawnSite Bronze Member

Two wheels are great on flat land. You'll hate it quickly when you try to go across a slope.
  8. bigviclbi

bigviclbi LawnSite Senior Member
    from nj

The two wheelers seem to get bent axle on me, my guys overload them sometimes. I buy the home depot plastic and metal but they last me about 1 year at most. I use them for everything, moving pavers, mixing concrete, spreading gravel, they take a serious beating. Thanks for the tips guys.
  9. Smithers

Smithers LawnSite Silver Member

shemin nurseries has a tree dolly.

my HD plastic wheel barrow is very flimsy.
  10. cgland

cgland LawnSite Bronze Member

we get ours from a local company that sells them nationally......Brentwood Industries. They are very heavy duty and come with a lifetime warranty.