Discussion in 'Turf Renovation' started by mcwlandscaping, Apr 2, 2006.

1. mcwlandscaping

mcwlandscaping LawnSite Gold Member

tomarrow i need to pick up a much heavier duty one and was wondering weather people prefered the one wheeled ones over the ones with the two wheels out front. this is for mulching so i figured that the one wheeled one would allow me to get into tighter spots, but just wanted some outside opinion

2. dcondon

dcondon LawnSite Silver Member

I bought a new fiberglass one from ace hardware and love it!!!
  3. sheshovel

sheshovel LawnSite Fanatic

I like the "Easy Wheel"sold by Lee Valley tools for close tight spot mulching.You can just lay it flat,push the mulch in..clip it up and off you go.It is light very manuverable and lolds up to 300lbs.It also folds up to take up very little room in your truck or trailer.You will still need a two wheeler too though for those big open jobs.
  4. chriscraft

chriscraft LawnSite Senior Member

For mulch we use a large 2 wheeled by rubbermaid (expensive but worht every penny, its light and easy to handle but it doesnt do real tight areas, it has a wide front maybe 30 inches, we also use 4 33 gallon heavy duty trash cans and load them up on a 4 wheeled cart and drive them arounf to back yards with a laser , its great cause they do tiny areas and you can regulate the amt, its extremely fast and you dont bust your back