1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

Wheelbarrow's. . .

Discussion in 'Hardscaping' started by westcoh, Mar 30, 2008.

1. westcoh

westcoh LawnSite Senior Member
    from Alberta

Maybe this sounds like a ridiculous question, but what kind of wheelbarrows are you guys using? It seems like every kind I've bought in the past is pretty well worn out and destroyed by the end of the season. Just wondering if anyone has a specific brand they use that seems to hold up well?
  2. mikeny

mikeny LawnSite Member

3. bigviclbi

bigviclbi LawnSite Senior Member
    from nj

brentwood. Simply the best. No comparison yet, I've gone through alot of em and these are for real.
  4. tthomass

tthomass LawnSite Gold Member
    from N. VA

Jackson.........from Lowe's..........$90-$100, metal w/ solid tire......not to mention their blue which = my company color :)
  5. CALandscapes

CALandscapes LawnSite Senior Member

Jackson. They're carried by both Lowe's and Home Depot.
  6. bigviclbi

bigviclbi LawnSite Senior Member
    from nj

get a brentwood they kick the living sh#t out of the Jackson. Where I am at the properties are very small with large houses and very limited access. We dig alot of patios by hand or miniskid and have gone through alot of barrows. They go for about $130.
  7. dougaustreim

dougaustreim LawnSite Senior Member

We use the Jackson blue with a poly tray. Have had excellent results with them. To get poly though you have to go through a landscape supply house or lumber yard. The big boxes don't carry the poly.

Austreim landscaping
  8. bryant lawn & landscape

bryant lawn & landscape LawnSite Senior Member

Hey big v - I think you just came up with Brentwood's new slogan :

Brentwood - We kick the living sh#t out of the Jackson

9. Creative Group Ltd.

Creative Group Ltd. LawnSite Member

We use Garant wheelbarrows. They're tough too! ....but I always think that if u can wear out an expensive wheelbarrow ( without too much abuse lol ) then you've worked super hard! We go thru 6 a year! The front lip is all bent over from dumping! lol
  10. ABM

ABM LawnSite Member

Jackson with the poly tub.

I was very skeptical of the poly before going to the Jackson after having several other brands break while loading rocks. I purchased all of mine from the local concrete supply and the sales guy said that if I was not satisfied to bring it back and they would exchange for the steel tub. That was over seven years ago and the original is still in good condition along with the other four that I bought later.