Wheelbarrows?

Discussion in 'Landscape Maintenance' started by coolbrze, Mar 26, 2010.

1. coolbrze

coolbrze LawnSite Member

Looking to add another wheelbarrow this spring. I'm thinking the Jackson wheelbarrows are the best out there. We'll be using this for mulching to bringing patio bases in (stone, sand, rock dust) & everything in between. Probably a 6 cu. ft. steel tray single tire (flat free or tubed???) will be best. What do you all think, any suggestions or tips?

2. KathysLGC

KathysLGC LawnSite Bronze Member

One of our best wheelbarrows is the poly Jackson. We have the single wheel and double wheel.

3. br549oicu8

br549oicu8 LawnSite Bronze Member

4. FLAhaulboy

FLAhaulboy LawnSite Senior Member

5. SperaLandscaping

SperaLandscaping LawnSite Member

I use a jackson double wheel poly. I think they are the best out there as well.

6. snowjeep

snowjeep LawnSite Senior Member

I like the look of the jeep one. WHere can you get one from?

7. FLAhaulboy

I was moving a sago palm down some steps yesterday & the back part of the ploy broke off the back bolts. I doubt I'll be buying another Jackson "poly" wheelbarrow, as I think the poly is too weak around the bolts. This might be my next wheelbarrow, 7.75 cu ft two wheel poly barrow:

http://www.cariolawheelbarrow.com/purchase.html

[​IMG][/IMG]

Last edited: Mar 27, 2010
  8. FLAhaulboy

9. grassman177

grassman177 LawnSite Fanatic

you might pm my dad or he may chime in, but i think we mail ordered it direct, but he would know since he bought it. i can back his claim though as it is a very tough unit. we can easily put 8=10 2 cu ft bags of wet mulch in there no problem. is very easy to manuever around too

10. KathysLGC

KathysLGC LawnSite Bronze Member

Looking at the way that broke it seems the bolts were too tight. I know because I tightened mine down and one cracked. It's about a one inch crack at the bolt area. Funny because we have gone into woods to get big rocks for stone walls and have thrown 100+ pound rocks in it and it never once looked like it was gonna break. Tighten the bolt too much and there you go...