Wheeled Blowers for Leaf Removal

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by ztrguy, Sep 20, 2006.

1. ztrguy

ztrguy LawnSite Senior Member
    from NE FL

It's that time of year. Leaf season is getting near. So, did anyone read the Grounds Magazine article on wheeled blowers? The top performing wheeled blower produces up to four times the volume of air produced by backpack blowers. So, this year who is going to use wheeled blowers? If they are that much more powerful and will help make things go by quicker....I'm thinkin I might get one. What do you guys think? The new BillyGoat Force is supposed to be one bad blower!

2. Tharrell

Tharrell LawnSite Silver Member

I've got 2-5hp wheeled blowers but I'd really like to have one of those 13hp Force blowers. Check out the videos on their commercial site. They compare all the top brands with real videos.

3. DiMassa33

DiMassa33 LawnSite Member

I have a little wonder wb and its unbelievable. You take it up and down the yard like you would a push mower and it blows stacks of leaves in front of you a good 10 feet and then you just move up ten feet and so on. They dont even compare to backpacks they are so much better, you can use them for normal cleanup to. Just go up the driveway and sidewalks with one pass and then just roll it up onto the truck. It will put you back anywhere from 500 to 1000 but you wont regret it.

4. ztrguy

from NE FL

Sounds exciting. I think I'm going to definately get one if they are that much better. I want something that's going to get the job done the fastest. I plan on going full force this year with leaf cleanup. Anyone else have reviews or opinions on the wheeled blowers? Thanks for all the help guys!

5. ed2hess

ed2hess LawnSite Fanatic

We have the Billygoat 13hp WB blower but it isn't bigger than 4 big backpacks, maybe 2.5 per their commericial. It is heavy to be pulling it across the lawn, but the lever operated air deflector is very nice. We use ours to clean off parking lots in Spring. Can't imagine blowing leaves into big piles.........why not mulch them and then bag them.

6. gardenkeeper88

gardenkeeper88 LawnSite Senior Member

How do you mulch up leaves that are 2- 3' deep and you were just there 7 days ago. Mind you this lawn is 30,000SF. 3 guys w/ 2 backpacks 1 8hp push blower and a jrrco leaf plow take 5-6 hours each, at least 3 weeks this heavy. $$$$:dancing:

7. Uranus

Uranus LawnSite Bronze Member
    from Mass

I have the 8 hp and the 13 hp little wonders. They work great. But I do have to say the 2 dixie chppers with blower units mounted where the deck goes were awsome at my last job. You just ride around blowing leaves all day. The only thing bad was if you are on it when its below 45 degrees you froze from lack of body movement

8. ed2hess

ed2hess LawnSite Fanatic

Don't need to worry about that in Texas......6" is max dept. I would mulch them every day if I knew I was going to have 3' of leaves to clean up.

9. ztrguy

from NE FL

You can't keep up with the piles of leaves in this area. Unless you only have 4 or 5 yards. It's a must to use real leaf removal equipment to get the job done!

10. Stinky Pete

Stinky Pete LawnSite Member

I've run both the new Little Wonder Optimax and the Billy Goat Force. I bought the Force. It's quieter, lighter, and simply blows more air. I got the one with the 9 hp Subaru. It's worth every penny and then some.