Wheeled blowers

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by littlenic, Nov 21, 2003.

1. littlenic

littlenic LawnSite Member

I’m looking at the Billy Goat and Little Wonder wheeled blower (9hp and 13hp) both with Honda engines.

My son uses a Billy Goat with a 9hp robin and complains it doesn’t blow enough.

Any input into your experience with them would be appreciated.

My dealer currently carries Billy Goat; they carried Little Wonder a few years ago. Another dealer carries Little Wonder, so both available here.

Difference in $ is min. when you consider expected years of life of tool. Thanks

P.S. I did a search and read the results, would like current comments. Thanks again

2. Lazer_Z

Lazer_Z LawnSite Silver Member
    from NJ

I'll give you my input i have an 03 BG with only a 5hp honda i shopped around and one dealer told me $900 for the robin another dealer told me the same thing i went to my mower dealer and asked about an 8hp LW and got something around $800

Then i got asked about a billy goat and i walked out the door with it for $636 with tax and from what i can see it's a very well built machine so i would say go for the billy goat get as much HP as you can afford

And i did demo a LW once it was an 8 and it was powerful so i'm not downing them

3. G-father

G-father LawnSite Member

Without a doubt I would buy the 13 hp little wonder. As long as your pushing that heavy blower around you need the most power you can get. I used a 13 hp LW for a weekend and it would move the leaves 30-40 feet :eek:.

4. Jusmowin

Jusmowin LawnSite Senior Member

I have an 03 Mac Kissic blower w/ a 5 hp briggs and really like it,I also like the fact that its light enough to easly lift and put in and out of my truck. Only wish it had swivel front wheel instead of the solid mounted one it has now, but maybe I can put a swivel wheel on this winter.

5. rob1325

rob1325 LawnSite Senior Member

If you need POWER get these!

dsc00048a.jpg

6. Wesley's Lawn

Wesley's Lawn LawnSite Member

What brand is it rob?

7. rob1325

Lesco 16HP Hydro blowers

8. Lazer_Z

Lazer_Z LawnSite Silver Member
    from NJ

rob if you don't mind what's the price out the door for one of those??

Thanks

9. Westbrooklawn

Westbrooklawn LawnSite Senior Member

I have a Little Wonder with 8hp Briggs IC. It does a great job, and the 10hp or 13hp would be that much better. I would highly recommend the Little Wonder.

10. rob1325

$ 2,915.00