Wheeled trimmers...

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by fiveoboy01, Apr 28, 2007.

1. fiveoboy01

fiveoboy01 LawnSite Silver Member

So I'm driving around earlier today, and I see a property getting mowed/trimmed.

Two slobs, both with scrubby long hair, cut-off(falling apart) jean shorts, tank tops with holes in them, etc..

The one person was using a wheeled Craftsman trimmer! Doing the curbsides, around posts, etc...

WTF, how can you ever do a good job with one of those? I'm always angling the trimmer head this way and that, unless I'm doing a smaller flat area of ground.

Of couse this person was majorly fat, maybe they were too lazy to hold a trimmer?

2. tat900

tat900 LawnSite Senior Member

so you get on here to bash guys for using what they have to do a job why?
    Why does it matter what they used on a job . There out working give them a break.

3. fiveoboy01

Yeah, that's the sole reason I get on here.

If you had a clue(its clear you don't), you'd understand my frustration, so carry on.

4. tat900

hey if your mad becasue your driving around and there working sorry. I deal with new guys all the time my work speaks for its self and im taking 3-5 new accounts a week . Im not goin to bash there equipment and if that what they use so be it . I think i rather them be out working instead of getting welfare

5. naturescape

naturescape LawnSite Bronze Member

I don't think fiveoboy was complaining that HE wasn't working! Just that he was commenting on some PATHETIC lawn care crew. They sounded weak to me!

6. fiveoboy01

Well, at least somebody gets it..

BTW, while I was driving around and saw this, I WAS working. So STUFF it.

7. tat900

why does it even needto be posted then . Not everyone starts out on the top and run the best equipment they runn and use what they got . I have respect for them becasue there out there trying.

8. Grits

Grits LawnSite Silver Member
    from Florida

Srew that! Sounds a lowballing, scrub, no license, no tax paying, no insurance having wannabe LCO.
    You don't have to have the best equipment but you have to do a good job. Sounds like they were doing a halfass job with the wheeled trimmer. Don't jump on five0 for starting a conversation thread. You have the right to NOT respond.

9. RedMax Man

RedMax Man LawnSite Platinum Member

So I'm driving around earlier today, and I see a property getting mowed/trimmed.

Two slobs, both with scrubby long hair, cut-off(falling apart) jean shorts, tank tops with holes in them, etc..

The one person was using a wheeled Craftsman trimmer! Doing the curbsides, around posts, etc...

You like to stare:laugh: :laugh: I do the same thing, I'm always checking out what the other guy is doing or using. Sometimes i'm impressed other times i just shake my head.

10. RedMax Man

RedMax Man LawnSite Platinum Member

oops replied again...