Wheelie Wheels

Discussion in 'eXmark' started by Brieldo, Jun 22, 2003.

1. Brieldo

Brieldo LawnSite Member

Dustin or Terry,
    I finally got my eXmark EPS fixed...they sent me a new mower...'bout time, eh?

Anyway, I was looking at the design of it and I was wondering..

"What would happen if there were wheels on the 90 degree angle structure that comes down by the mule drive pulleys. If there were anti scalp-like wheels that were back there, about 2" in from the rear most point, it'd help prevent turf from getting damaged when backing down hills, off trailes, etc, etc, etc...

DO you guys have any opinion on such a thing? Im sure the engineers would think its a good idea, but more importantly, is it something I could retrofit the mower with for added performance on my end?

The only thing I'd question is the strength of that L-shaped steel...Would it take some wheels added to it?

2. eXmark

eXmark Manufacturer / Sponsor

Brieldo,

The L-brackets can take a pretty good beating. It's possible to damage or bend them but it would take a pretty severe impact.

We would recommend using caution however. We could never recommend that you modify the L-brackets simply because they are there for a safety feature to help prevent the machine from tipping over backwards. The concern would be if the rollers were not mounted properly and weakened the brackets to a point where they could not perform their function as designed. One other minor concern would be making certain that the “mule drive” adjustment was still accessible.

At this time the engineering team is working on several different projects. I'm not sure if a roller for the rear of the machine is one of them.

Please feel free to contact me at your convenience if I can be of any further assistance.

Thanks

Terry

3. John Gamba

John Gamba LawnSite Fanatic
    from ct

I Have had No problems With No Wheels, I did have then On a Older Hustler Mower But they where there Because the older hustlers Where High.
    John

4. jaredslawncare

jaredslawncare LawnSite Member

I think some hustlers??? use them. I know I've gotten stuck when backing down.