When a customer cuts their own lawn ...

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by topsites, Apr 21, 2006.

1. topsites

topsites LawnSite Fanatic

Man I really begin to hate that, get to an account yesterday where I'd already stopped by once (and it didn't need it at the time so I prolonged the schedule) and it almost looked like it didn't need it again but they said go ahead...

By the time I got into the backyard I saw another mower's tracks and I knew what the deal was... Riding mower, that is, homeowner's, likely in the 36-42 inch deck size. Yeah, I can even tell you it was set to 2.5 inches even thou the grass had grown.

I've got more than a half a mind to drop customers like this immediately in the future not to mention calling this one to inform them I won't be coming out no more, the thing is this crap interferes with my scheduling and in other ways as well, it just really pees me off when someone else is cutting the same lawn.

2. Fantasy Lawns

Fantasy Lawns LawnSite Bronze Member

I have a couple that do this during peak growing season .... just drop the gate .... mow it n go on the way ..... send em a bill

3. topsites

topsites LawnSite Fanatic

Okay, that's a cool idea.
    The waste of it all is still a bit senseless, but I think I can tolerate that so long I'm getting paid.

4. daveintoledo

daveintoledo LawnSite Silver Member

i contact the customer, let them know that if i show up and the grass is cut.... im cutting it and billing them, or just billing them.......

5. Daner

Daner LawnSite Bronze Member

Dave If yaa do that you can kiss that customer away

6. daveintoledo

daveintoledo LawnSite Silver Member

that was last year, she is still on the schedule...... if you dont call me, 3 days in advance and i show up, you get billed..... period..... no negative ramifications from this policy yet....