When a sub quits

Discussion in 'Starting a Lawn Care Business' started by shane mapes, Feb 19, 2013.

1. shane mapes

shane mapes LawnSite Senior Member

I have a sub who works for me here in Ca. He was a route of one day & he does some bank work (reo) work that pays 45 days out. This week he decides he is moving & quits.No notice nothing.My client does't pay for 30- 45 days out.Do you think I'm required to pay him right away or wait until I get the invoices.Money is very tight right now.If I had the cash I would pay him out right. What do you guys Think.
  2. Jaybrown

Jaybrown LawnSite Bronze Member

Wait. That was the deal. If you had the money I would get it over with tho
  3. shane mapes

When we started this work , he knew he would have to wait until the client pays.He has been working for me for 6 months.Good guy but seems to have run into money issues.Like I said if I had the cash he would be paid right away.
  4. GravelyWalker

GravelyWalker LawnSite Member

Dont quote me on this but I believe you have at least 45 if not 90 days to pay him. If he know the pay schedule then he should not expect any different, especially for just cutting out on you with no notice.
  5. shane mapes

I think your right..as the cash flow issues he's going to have to wait.......
  6. Holleywood

Holleywood LawnSite Member

Depending on how much is owed your most likely better just paying now. He's going to be bugging the crap out of you for the money untill he gets paid. It's not going to be worth the frustraion and stress since he is in a money crunch himself.
    Posted via Mobile Device
  7. shane mapes

I agree with what you have said. but money is tight & we don't get paid from the contractor we work for until next month.We all agreed on this schedule when we started & I don't have money right now to pay him.If I did I would more then happy to pay.He is only out his time & fuel.No supplies that he had to pay out of pocket or anything like that.Most of the work we do for that client that requires upfront supplies I do , so they don't have to come up with money ahead of time.