1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

when applying granular ferts.....

Discussion in 'Pesticide & Herbicide Application' started by bobbygedd, Apr 6, 2005.

1. bobbygedd

bobbygedd LawnSite Fanatic
    from NJ

when applying granular ferts, assuming you are walking the same speed at the same setting, if the hopper is full, 3/4 full, half full, are you applying the same rate?
  2. eruuska

eruuska LawnSite Senior Member

Probably not. When the hopper is full the weight of the product will result in a greater flow out the bottom than when the hopper is nearly empty.

What do I win?
  3. Ric

Ric LawnSite Fanatic

I notice a difference at the 1/3 mark and try to refill before reaching that point.

Now A question for you. Can You actually walk a straight line at a constant speed, after your daily two six packs of Silver Bullets for Lunch.

TURF DOCTOR LawnSite Silver Member

No spreader here we just cut the bag open a go in a circle.
  5. Green Dreams

Green Dreams LawnSite Senior Member
    from Texas

LMAO! That is good...
  6. Williams Services

Williams Services LawnSite Senior Member

He stole that idea from our R&D department before we could patent it! Our other method, which is still our primary, is safe, since we patented it long ago ... horses. :D
  7. kipcom

kipcom LawnSite Senior Member
    from indiana

I recently tried a new approach to "Broad-cast" spreading....dont know how well it works yet so I will let you know the outcome soon as I know.....

We rented a Hello-Copter and rented 4 mexico persons and placed them inside the Copter along with 20 ...40lb bags of our special weed&feed...the problem is the mexico people dont understand plain english, so when instructed to open the bag and "Let er' fly" well.................................. :dizzy:

Yep, we keep having to go back and get another.....(you know what I mean).