When are guys done work

Discussion in 'General Industry Discussions' started by ponyboy, Dec 23, 2012.

1. JParisan

JParisan LawnSite Member

So do you hire out of the 95% or the other 5%? If it is the former of the two, then you are part of the problem. I can only see that comment having relevance if you have them employed.

2. ponyboy

ponyboy LawnSite Bronze Member
    from ny

I have both you can not have a business with out them here I treat my guys like my family because with out them I would have nothing
    Posted via Mobile Device

3. ponyboy

from ny

The problem is more than me
    First I say let them come into country give them iID so they can pay taxed get insurance get drivers liscen and work legally
    I can't find Americans who want to do this work in my area I have tried
    Solo companies can not survive here over head is way too much unless you don't want to own a house or car it just is not realistic
    Posted via Mobile Device

4. weeze

weeze LawnSite Fanatic

just pay them dude. i mean how long does it take to drive back? 5-15min at most? that's not much more money to pay someone.

when i worked back in college i might as well been an illegal alien because the boss always paid us in cash and none of us paid taxes on it. it was a very normal thing to do back in those days. no kid that ever cut grass back then paid taxes ever. it's not like we were making a killing or anything. maybe 8-10k a year lol.

5. ponyboy

from ny

I do but I have one crew that works 1 hour away each day
    Just throwing it out there
    Posted via Mobile Device

6. jrs.landscaping

jrs.landscaping LawnSite Silver Member
    from Maine

Some days ours is an hour one way, they get paid both ways and for lunch. I think they deserve it, we haul A$$ all day, I think they deserve to get paid to :sleeping: on the ride back to the shop.

7. JParisan

JParisan LawnSite Member

That is your mistake right there. If you want to take on a job that is an hour away, the last thing that should happen is your employees paying the price for it.

8. JParisan

JParisan LawnSite Member

A job that far needs to worth your while. If you contemplate cheating your guys then it is time to reconsider.

9. weeze

weeze LawnSite Fanatic

that is a huge mistake. you are wasting 2 hrs a day driving.

10. jrs.landscaping

jrs.landscaping LawnSite Silver Member
    from Maine

I don't know who that was directed towards? In my case, 2 crews 2k in one day. The drive is worth it for me.