When are the side discharge decks going to be

Discussion in 'eXmark' started by txgrassguy, Aug 18, 2007.

1. txgrassguy

txgrassguy LawnSite Gold Member

available for the Navigator?
    I am in desperate need of additional mowers, and would rather have my tractor units running three extra days per week than purchasing a new stand on or rider.
    What really aggravates the living crap outta me was the line of bs I swallowed when buying the Navigator last year - believing that a side discharge deck would be available and with in a year.
    Well, it has been eighteen months now and no one seems to know when a side discharge deck is going to be available.
    Anyone try adapting a Walker side discharge deck to a Navigator?

2. eXmark

eXmark Manufacturer / Sponsor

txgrassguy,

I'm sorry that you were under the impression that Exmark was going to offer a side-discharge deck option for the Navigator. We have no plans to offer this option, and to my knowledge, never have had.

P.S. Who told you that we were going to offer the side-discharge option?

Thanks,
    Casey

3. txgrassguy

txgrassguy LawnSite Gold Member

The territorial sales rep - I demo'd a machine late in '05 and in March '06 purchased the first one.
    I explained my desire to have a side discharge deck, essentially similar to what Walker offers and at the time of the demo and later during purchase I was again told a side discharge deck was in the planning stages.
    I will, however, state my dealer, Bailey Sutherland of BGS&Company of Marble Falls Texas, whom is an excellent dealer, not once indicated this about the side discharge deck - it was the rep.
    I honestly do not recall his name although I could approach Mr. Sutherland if necessary.
    I choose the Navigator for three reasons, the first two are of equal value:
    1 & 2: Due to Mr. Sutherland's exemplary support and the obvious quality of the Navigator.
    3. The ability to add additional implements to the tractor unit. Now being in Central Texas I really do not have the need for a snow thrower, and since I already have a tractor the dozer blade is necessary either.
    What I could REALLY use is a side discharge deck.
    Thank you for your response,
    Steve W. Duich, Agronomist
    Duich Turf Services

p.s. I checked into Walker mowers, however, the local dealer treated me like dirt so I walked. I intend to remain a customer of Mr. Surtherland's due to the extreme respect and support he has always provided.

4. eXmark

eXmark Manufacturer / Sponsor

I'm glad to hear that you enjoy doing business w/ your dealer. The traits you mentioned are what we look for in new dealers. This Territory Rep. you keep mentioning, was he a distributor rep? It's hard telling how or why he thought we were going to offer a side discharge option. My guess is that he was simply mistaken. Lastly, I don't think there is a need to approach Mr. Sutherland about it unless you personally want to know.

I'm Out,
    Casey