When are you going to pass out flyers?

Discussion in 'Business Operations' started by bad_chad48, Feb 16, 2003.

1. bad_chad48

bad_chad48 LawnSite Member

I was just courous of when you guys are planning to pass out your flyers this year. It has been cold and snowy around here. Mine are already ready to go and I have put them in the door hanging bags, but I am unsure when to pass them out. I was thinking of passing them out this week but is that to early for Kentucky? I want to get the best results that I can from these things.
    thanks for any replys

2. Jusmowin

Jusmowin LawnSite Senior Member

I think In gonna try next week if it isnt rainin, snowing, or is sub zero out. This sure has been a nasty winter for us.

3. Gotta Frame

Gotta Frame LawnSite Member

Hey, where in Kentucky are you. Im in Indiana and already did some, but will wait tell next week to do the rest. Then I will do it again in three weeks.:angel:

4. bad_chad48

I live about 60 miles south of Louisville. You say that you have already started passing them out... why are you going to wait till next week to do the rest? Also, do you pass them out to the same houses the second round and if you do, do you change the flyer around or resend the same one?

5. Green Finger

Green Finger LawnSite Senior Member

We start passing out flyers weather permiting beginning to mid march.

6. bad_chad48

come on guys, I really need to know when I should pass these things out. I have lined up some helpers for this Wedns. but i want to know if I should go for it or wait till march.

7. dlandscaping

dlandscaping LawnSite Senior Member
    from mass

I will have my doorhangers and flyers, biz cards, and shirts printed this week. Ill start handing them out in March. I was thinking start this week but theres a 12-20" blizzard headed my way.

8. nu83

nu83 LawnSite Member
    from omaha

I would wait til the first warm week, thats when most people shift to thinking about their lawns.

9. ronslawncare

ronslawncare LawnSite Senior Member

i start passing them out as soon as weather permits and that being seriously ,some people might hold on to it now but the majority is the least from there mind when theres over a ft of snow on the ground i will start doing direct mail in few weaks in a month ill will start flyers hopefully.

10. coonman

coonman LawnSite Senior Member

You can't start too early. We have been passing them out since the first of Feb and as of today have picked up 6 new residential accounts.