1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

When Bidding on jobs

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by jason1978, Jun 9, 2005.

1. jason1978

jason1978 LawnSite Member

Do you other LCO's give them a 7 day and 10 day price or do you just do one?
  2. 1MajorTom

1MajorTom Senior Moderator

Not sure how things are done in FL, but here in PA, we like to only do 7 day cuttings. So they only get one price, and we insist on once a week. In the spring grass grows too much to have to wait 10 days.
  3. LightningLawns

LightningLawns LawnSite Senior Member

I give a per cut price and a monthly price, they usually will go with the monthly price since they pay the same amount all year long.
  4. ProCare Lawn Service

ProCare Lawn Service LawnSite Member

They get 1 price, a 2 biweekly price, unless they ask for weekly. Most people here like theirs done every 2 weeks.
  5. grassmanvt

grassmanvt LawnSite Senior Member

Exactly!!! Avoid 10-dayers and two-weekers. I think we've all taken them at some point then, smarten up and drop them.
  6. jason1978

jason1978 LawnSite Member

Is there any specific reason not to take 10 dayers? I can understand 2 weeks.
  7. dvmcmrhp52

dvmcmrhp52 LawnSite Platinum Member
    from Pa.

Actually every other week is easier to schedule than every ten days.
    Ten day schedules throw a monkey wrench into the works.

Other than that I'm with Jodi, cutting every ten days in Pennsylvania on any lawn that has been fertilized is not something to be interested in..................
  8. ChadA

ChadA LawnSite Senior Member

I'm trying to weed out all biweekly accounts. I still have about 18 of them. But with a baby due next month beggers can't be choosers right now so I take what I can get. If they insist on biweekly I make them pay. If I tell them $30 weekly and they want biweekly it will be $45. To much wear and tear on the equipment to do a biweekly account any cheaper. Thats just how I do it.
  9. Pro-Scapes

Pro-Scapes LawnSite Platinum Member

definatly. EVERY residential customer insists on bi-weekly here too. Only ones that ask for weekly are churches etc. I could do weekly but they would want it for half the price. Grass can grow quick here but its usually just a few long shoots not the entire lawn. I rarly cut more than an inch or inche and a half off. Fert is hard to sell here too. Most people just want the grass cut. In the city if they go with a fert company they may get every week if it grows too fast or charged for a double cut.