When can I quit mowing

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by mak2, Oct 22, 2005.

1. mak2

mak2 LawnSite Senior Member

I am in centeral indiana, when can I quit mowing. My accounts barely grew this week and I skipped last week, no growth. When can I offically quit?
  2. alwaysgreener

alwaysgreener LawnSite Member

We have two more weeks of mowing and then finish up all the landcape's and hardscape's by end of November.. Then let it snow:)
  3. topdog

topdog LawnSite Member
    from indiana

don't forget leaf clean up.
  4. mak2

mak2 LawnSite Senior Member

yea this is my first year and I only have one leaf clean up account, I figured I would be doing that every couple weeks till it snows?
  5. westwind

westwind LawnSite Senior Member

mow untill all the grass is at your minimum height.
  6. Roger

Roger LawnSite Fanatic

It sounds like you want to quit mowing. Some of us rather ask the question, "When to I have to quit mowing?" I hate to see the season winding down on mowing.
  7. Lux Lawn

Lux Lawn LawnSite Silver Member

If I can I like to give everybody a cut or 2 in Nov. it brings in the money... plus you got leaves to clean.In your case with only one house for leaf clean up try selling it to others.
  8. topsites

topsites LawnSite Fanatic

Yeah LOL, Mow until it stops growing.

Some my yards stop now, others grow up until Xmas thou mine's a more southern climate, I'd still expect SOME Indy grass to grow well into November.
  9. Pecker

Pecker LawnSite Bronze Member

Even when the grass stops growing there is still debris to be managed. It works out quite nicely because I can spend the time it would take to trim to blow leaves out from the sides and beds instead and just mulch the debris. Usually in and out in the same time it takes to mow during the growing seasons as long as they keep me coming regular (most do) so there's no hassel with trying to justify a "fall clean-up" fee. It equates to a mowing season through December (at least around here).

TURFLORD LawnSite Senior Member

Mow the snow.:D