When could I expect to hear back?

Discussion in 'Business Operations' started by procut, Oct 12, 2005.

1. procut

procut LawnSite Bronze Member

I recently put in a bid for two apartment complexes. The bids were due at the end of september. I honestly felt that I had a good chance of my bid being accepted. Thus far I have heard nothing. In your expiriences, how long before I could expect to hear anything in this type of situation?

2. olderthandirt

olderthandirt LawnSite Platinum Member
    from here

Are they for just mowing next yr, or is there snow plowing included for this winter? If theres plowing you should hear by the end of the month IF you get them. Mowing for next yr might not heat till next april

3. procut

No plowing is not included. It is for lawn maintenance only for '06.

4. olderthandirt

olderthandirt LawnSite Platinum Member
    from here

should hear about 1 wk befoer 1st schelduled application or job that will need performed. But then again maybe there on the ball and will award contracts before the holidays, then you only have to hope that the place don't get sold or the person that signed the contract is not replaced:D
    Good Luck

5. LB1234

LB1234 LawnSite Gold Member

Place a followup phone call and ask.

FYI, I like to place something like "Proposal may be withdrawn if not excepted by x-date" on my proposals. If they are serious they will call by that date.

6. procut

I was planning on a followup phone call. I should of thought of adding the phrase. I'll keep it in mind for next time. Thanks!