When did you move out?

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by Edgewater, Oct 3, 2003.

1. Edgewater

Edgewater LawnSite Senior Member

just wondering when you moved your business to a shop.

I'm at home, and the city inspector showed up and said "no can do". I can't afford a shop (1st year in business.

was is a certain revenue figure, or when all the gear was too much?

2. dvmcmrhp52

dvmcmrhp52 LawnSite Platinum Member
    from Pa.

Probably a neighbor minding something other than their own business. A lot of towns have zoning against running a business out of your home.
    I personally find that type of zoning to be repulsive but they do have good reason at times.
    Best wishes in finding a new way to do business.
  3. geogunn

geogunn LawnSite Gold Member
    from TN

edgewater--I suggest that you try plying nanook of the codes dept. with good intentions.

find out what his problemo is with you and seek to modify it.

I know the routine...residence not zoned for biz but he has to have a triger.

it it neighbors complaining? probably. find out what he will say is not such a big deal and modify your operation.

perhaps you might get a rental storage unit for a couple of months. that will get your operation out of view for a few months.

try to tell him that if you can't work, you can't afford to move out.

unless this guy isadik, he has nothing to gain by being such to you.

in other words...bribe him if you have to. OPPS! my bad! can't say that due to forum rules!:blush: just offer to do a few favors for the gent!

4. mike9497

mike9497 LawnSite Senior Member

public storage unit.i have 3 of them.there 20 ft by 14 ft 145.50 per month each
  5. AztlanLC

AztlanLC LawnSite Bronze Member

There were a tread about this topic a while ago and somebody reply by saying that thay were able to still park their equipment at home, allegating that if a plumber, electrician or accountant were allowed to bring their tools home why shouldn't he?

Try to look for it pretty good post
  6. WeatherMan

WeatherMan LawnSite Senior Member

My 3rd year in Buss. We Bought 10 acres and built a house, and a 30 X60 steel Building in the back of the property. Works Great
  7. AztlanLC

AztlanLC LawnSite Bronze Member

Hey weatherman
    Down here an acre goes for around 60k- 100k how are prices in your area?
    I'm not tryng to star an argument just like to know about prices in different areas
  8. WeatherMan

WeatherMan LawnSite Senior Member

40,000 to 60,000 an acre I bought 10 acre's for $384,500 Not including the house and shop
  9. tiedeman

tiedeman LawnSite Fanatic
    from earth

I would check up on the codes and see what can be done for you can have the business. There are loopholes a lot of times
  10. Phishook

Phishook LawnSite Bronze Member