When do most people really start thinking about their lawn?

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by paridise, Feb 24, 2005.

1. paridise

paridise LawnSite Member

I was wondering when most people really started thinking about their lawn and what type of people should I target. Yesterday I was in an upper class neighbor hood passing out flyers and came across a lady that wanted me to rake out her flower beds. I told her $30 because it wasnt going to take me 45 mins. She said she would pay me a hunderd if I could do it by the end of the week. Should I have estimated hirer or would that be a good price for 45 mins of work?
  2. rodfather

rodfather LawnSite Fanatic

Upper class...bump it up always. They will pay for premium service when provided in a timely manner IMO.
  3. mbricker

mbricker LawnSite Senior Member

If you quoted $30 and she said she would pay $100, watch out! this area $30 for 45 minutes is fine, your area maybe not. You're sure you saw everything she is wanting you to do?

When most people start thinking about their lawns? Either when someone like you starts to remind them, or when the grass has grown to the high side of ratty, whichever comes first. So get out there and start reminding them.
  4. Mo Green

Mo Green LawnSite Bronze Member

If you provide high quality service in a professional manner, then sell yourself as well as the service you provide.
  5. Precision

Precision LawnSite Silver Member

The golden rule is $1 per minute. On things that have no economy of scale (raking) I certainly try to get more.

People start thinking about their lawn about a month before they do something about it. Sometimes a little jump start is in order.
  6. paridise

paridise LawnSite Member

Mbricker yeah man I am sure i saw every thing