When do the bids???

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by Victor, Mar 28, 2003.

1. Victor

Victor LawnSite Bronze Member

Does anyone know when most of the bids are awarded for Lawn Care work on city parks? Thanks in advance.

Vic

2. Awilkinson

Awilkinson LawnSite Member
    from Indiana

Here in IN, most towns or cities have a parks board, which will usually meet in Jan. to decide if the want to rebid the jobs or just continue with current arrangement. Then they will either contact several LC's which they find listed in the yellow pages, or they will run an add in the local papers that they are excepting bids. Your best bet is to contact the local government office and find out how they conduct this sort of business. Some one should be able to direct you to someone one park board or whoever is in charge of this type of operation.

Here most bids for parks are decided by March 1.

Hope this helps but I strongly suggest contacting your town or city because I am sure it will be different, because IN so so back wards in the way things are done!:D :angel:

3. RidgeCon

RidgeCon LawnSite Member

If its anything like where I live they call for tenders when there is snoe on the ground and you can't tell what is under there. Oh sure they will tell us and always put the provision in the tender..."we reserve the right to add to the tendered proerty at no additional cost to the owner"...uh huh....the get of jail free line for someone who can't really remember what the ground looks like either.

But we still bid them... I always liked those grab bags of surprises you bought in the corner store

4. Gravely_Man

Gravely_Man LawnSite Silver Member

This is going to vary too much to be of much help. You have people from all over the country on this site. I would just make some phone calls locally to the county or town and find out.

Gravely_Man