When do you call it a season?

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by gglawns, Nov 29, 2004.

1. gglawns

gglawns LawnSite Member
    from Midwest

Some people try and get every last minute out of the season. this was posted today in the Omaha World Hearld on the front page.

1128jbomsnowb.jpg

2. turf9

turf9 LawnSite Member

Guess papa needs a new bag lol :p

3. grasswhacker

grasswhacker LawnSite Gold Member

It looks more like Santa Claus making a path for the reindeer.

4. sildoc

sildoc LawnSite Silver Member

Unfortunatly I have been there. Last year I was finishing up on a cold december afternoon. I thought it was going to rain but to no avail halfway through a acre it started to snow. on my last trip around the perimiter I was pushing a inch of snow. Go figure it melted an hour later.
    I know why didn't I go back. It was my last one for the week with the next week being off week.

5. valley boy

valley boy LawnSite Member

Just called it a season today Did last clean up yesterday account bad knee ACL still sor and hard to get around.

6. Stihl036pro

Stihl036pro LawnSite Member

HAHA, That was me last year in the snow with my Scag!!! The mower sucks up snow not bad. I stopped taking on more work to try to get caught up on what I have. I have about 2 more weeks of solid work left. There is a big rush to get everyone done because I dont trust this New England weather.

7. Lbilawncare

Lbilawncare LawnSite Bronze Member

If it keeps on raining we may have to leave our remaining cleanups until spring. We've only got 2-3 days worth left, but I think we'll get snow before we can do them.

8. MOW ED

MOW ED LawnSite Fanatic

That is a great picture. I have been caught in spring snows but not in the fall. I have been lucky for the last 10 years.
    I can start in late March and usually end just before Thanksgiving but I can appreciate the look on Grizzley Adams face.

9. tiedeman

tiedeman LawnSite Fanatic
    from earth

same with me MOWED. In the spring I have been caught doing spring clean ups out in the snow, but nothing like that

10. grass_cuttin_fool

grass_cuttin_fool LawnSite Gold Member

We are having some wild weather in Va, grass is still growing and I need about 5 good days to finish for the year and it is raining every couple days and I wouldnt be surprised if it doesnt snow before Christmas