When do you guys start advertising?

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by AllSeasonsAllReasons, Feb 16, 2001.

1. AllSeasonsAllReasons

AllSeasonsAllReasons LawnSite Member

So When does everyone start advertising for spring? Just curious! Which type of advertising seems to give the most call backs?? Thanks
  2. Eric ELM

Eric ELM Husband, Father, Friend, Angel

For the part of the USA that you and I are from, March 1 til you have enough accounts. I used flyers to get started back in 85 and I had good luck.
  3. Scape Sculptor

Scape Sculptor LawnSite Member

I started doing a direct mailing of flyers a couple of weeks ago and am getting calls and work sold already. I like flyers the best. I will put an ad in the local weekly paper maybe next week. One or 2 guys are in there already. I have seens a couple of guys out doing spring clean up and dormat pruning. I am going to start next week if weather holds. We don't have any snow here in Akron, OH. Remember this old saying? "The Early Bird Gets The Worm..."

4. Groundcover Solutions

Groundcover Solutions LawnSite Bronze Member

I am starting tomorrow. I have to finish off the flyers and broachers and business cards today!!! I am hard at work trying to get done with all of the things that I need to get done.
  5. ADMServices

ADMServices LawnSite Member

we started our bulk mailing the first week of January, and have been running estimates for about two weeks now. We are also getting geared up for the flood of last minute calls that will prob. come in March and April.

6. eggy

eggy LawnSite Senior Member

Yes,it never fails the last minute people who you sent a flyer to in Jan. call you in late March, I have had good luck starting to advertise in the local papers in early March, I would much rather be spending a lot of time giving estimates in the off season then the on season.
  7. cleancut

cleancut LawnSite Member

If you want to get the good accounts, you should already be advertising your services..For me, advertising is a yearround thing...I always have some type of advertising going on...Flyers, direct mailings, business cards, and newspapers ads are what I use...So far, since the beginning of February I have picked up over 30 new accounts..Derrick
  8. Greenkeepers

Greenkeepers LawnSite Senior Member
    from NE Ohio

We've been doing advertising at commercial jobs for around 2 weeks now. We're going to start our flyers next week. and quit taking them when we're full.
  9. lawman

lawman LawnSite Member

I start out in march, just as the snow is going for the year and the grass is starting to come up.
  10. JimLewis

JimLewis LawnSite Fanatic

We market all year long. But we start to step it up mid-Feb and really get heavy on the 1st of March. We usually quit all pro-active marketing (flyers, newspaper, etc.) entirely by end of April because we are so booked. Then I'll start doing a little again in about September.