When do you plan on starting your weekly route? Done with clean-ups?

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by lawnguyland, Apr 6, 2008.

1. lawnguyland

lawnguyland LawnSite Bronze Member

Hey y'all

Those in the Northeast-

When do you think you'll be done with spring clean-ups?

When do you anticipate starting to mow weekly?

I am hoping to finish up spcus this week (by 4/11) and then be starting weekly service 4/15... Possbily 4/22, but hopefully 4/15.... How about you?

How's clean-ups going?

Have fun

2. ProStreetCamaro

ProStreetCamaro LawnSite Platinum Member

We have a few lawns we have already cut 3 times this spring. I think this week we will do about 70% of our lawns then next week just about all of them. We have been doing mulch jobs but no clean-ups. We very rarely get any clean-up jobs. Our lawns are still clean from last fall when we cleaned them.

3. lawnguyland

lawnguyland LawnSite Bronze Member

Hey thanks for the reply
    I remember you have 1 clean up to do out of 70 or so customers.

"Our lawns are still clean from last fall????????????????????"

What? I mean this repectfully but....

No sticks ever fall on your lawns? They don't need dethatching or bed edging or cultivating? No leaves fall from oaks or other trees in late winter? They lime and fertilize themselves?

No matter how clean a lawn is in december it needs a clean-up in march or april. At least where I live. Not to mention the thousands and thousands of dollars in work.

Whatever works for you is great, but not in my world. Again, not a dis- just a different area I guess.

4. BMFD92

BMFD92 LawnSite Senior Member

I am also hoping to be done the 11th with my cleanups and start my weekly routes the week of april 21

5. ponyboy

ponyboy LawnSite Bronze Member
    from ny

still have 105 to go should be done by 15th or so and start citting and applying pre m on the week of the 21st

6. ffemt1271

ffemt1271 LawnSite Bronze Member

tomorrow, done with cleanups.

7. ECS

ECS LawnSite Bronze Member

I am hoping to start spring cleanups by May 1rst. We still have 2-4 feet of snow on the ground here plus the piles from plowing. I has to warm up a lot for me to start by May 1 though.

8. gutpiles

gutpiles LawnSite Member

Ive been doing cleanups since early march, and I mowed my first weeklys last fri.

9. prizeprop

prizeprop LawnSite Senior Member

Hopfully will finish cleanups on Tuesday and start cutting next monday 4/14 since the grass looks ready to take off this week. If not well wait and mulch.

10. Sweet Tater

Sweet Tater LawnSite Silver Member

Got 1 cleanup left to do and then next week I start my route.