1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

When do you put your leaf box and vac on?

Discussion in 'General Industry Discussions' started by RedMax Man, Oct 21, 2007.

1. RedMax Man

RedMax Man LawnSite Platinum Member

Referring mainly to the northeastern LCO's. When will you be putting you leafboxes and leaf loaders on your trucks and trailers?
  2. G.M.Landscaping

G.M.Landscaping LawnSite Senior Member

I put mine on yesterday, but have to take it back off for monday's work. That's what i hate about the transitional periods. Like now and later for snow removal stuff. It would be nice just to change over once, not back and forth. It wouldn't be so bad for me if I wasn't solo. Try to get your wife to lift up a leaf loader.:hammerhead:
  3. DBL

DBL LawnSite Silver Member

probably the first week of november
  4. RedSox4Life

RedSox4Life LawnSite Bronze Member
    from Mass

Yesterday and today. Starting leaf clean ups tomorrow.
  5. RedMax Man

Where in MA are you? I've noticed the leaves are turning a falling fast after all that rain we had last week.
  6. Uranus

Uranus LawnSite Bronze Member
    from Mass

Wednesday. Got a dozen or so that I know I can mow one more time then I'll put the box on Wednesday and I know just the yard to start on. Leaves have been down for 2 weeks there. The maples are almost bare. I bet I fill my box (on my insert) 2 times. Then the second cleanup there will be just for the oaks.

GO SOX!
  7. RedMax Man

My sucker is in the shop getting a tune up and i'm still working on my insert to carry the leaf box. Havent seen anyone here with their box on yet. Maples are just turning and the leaves are falling but they aint bare yet. I was planning on being all set up ther first or second weekend on November.

8. nemow

nemow LawnSite Senior Member

Im south of Boston city and I set it up today. Leaf sucker and box. Strange year without any rain. I thought they would come down early but now they are hanging on. I went from one yard of debri a week to nine yards last week. Some ways its a pain trying to fit all the equipment on the trailer with the leaf sucker but it does save some time and money. My sister is building a townhouse in needham anyone know of a small company around there?
  9. gene gls

gene gls LawnSite Gold Member

Mine went on last week. Grass is still green and growing but I have to move the leaves before I mow. The last couple of nice sunny days has really dried out the leaves. They are starting to fall big time today.
  10. nemow

nemow LawnSite Senior Member

Grass seems to be growing like its june right now. A little thinner but really green. With the weather we are going to have this week I guess it is spring. No frost in sight.