When do you send out How are we doing letters?

Discussion in 'Business Operations' started by Matt'slawncare, Jul 5, 2003.

1. Matt'slawncare

Matt'slawncare LawnSite Member

I was wondering does anyone use the How are we doing? letter template from lawncaresuccess.com? Also when is the best time to send out the letter to the people?

2. NCSULandscaper

NCSULandscaper Banned

i say if we do not recieve any calls from customers complaining then we are doing our job just fine. No need wasting money mailing out letters to find that out.

3. ElephantNest

ElephantNest LawnSite Bronze Member
    from La.

I disagree. A letter asking them what could be done to better suit their needs is a way to keep that customer for life.

4. Fvstringpicker

Fvstringpicker LawnSite Fanatic

I'm big on quality improvement. I send my first out after 1-2 months service. I want to correct any problems right up front. If it comes back with no problems, generally once a year

5. Matt'slawncare

Matt'slawncare LawnSite Member

Thanks everyone for all of your information!! I will send mine out in a week or two.

6. gogetter

gogetter Banned

According to some recent articles in the industry magazines, they say the exact opposite.
    I don't have one in front of me to quote, but they basically say that most customers that are unhappy, quite without ever complaining to you first.

This means that just because you aren't hearing from them, doesn't mean they are happy. They just don't like to complain or be confrontational.

7. NCSULandscaper

NCSULandscaper Banned

Well i get referalls from everyone of my customers and after every job i get them to inspect everything i have done and everytime they are pleased as ever, so why do i need to bother with sending out letters?

8. gogetter

gogetter Banned

Sounds like you don't need to. I was just relaying some info that I had read recently. And since I read it in more then one article, it stuck in my mind.

9. NCSULandscaper

NCSULandscaper Banned

I wasnt arguing with you just lettin people know that you dont necesarely have to send out letters if you get feedback from your customers but you do post some good info about it because some people wouldnt think twice about it. Sorry if it came across wrong.

10. AztlanLC

AztlanLC LawnSite Bronze Member

NCSU has a good business model, you have to stay in frequent contact with all your customers, drive around and make sure all properties are maintained the best, stop by your customers anytime you get a chance a simple how's everything? I just stop by to make sure things are done the way it's suppose to, Is there anything else that we might offer you?..... You'll be surprise of how much extra work you get, lot's of times customers want something ectra but they just don't remember to call

Use the How're we doing letter as your last resource.