When do you start advertizing Poll !

Discussion in 'Business Operations' started by dobehap, Jan 16, 2004.

Please choose one.

1. 3 Months before the cutting season

5 vote(s)
  2. 2 Months before the cutting season

16 vote(s)
  3. 1 Month before the cutting season

19 vote(s)
  4. When the cutting season starts

1 vote(s)
  1. dobehap

dobehap LawnSite Senior Member

Diffrent climate condtions will effect your advertizing planning, but how early do you start before the cutting season starts.

I know many of you advertize anytime its slow, but I'm trying to get a rough average for the initial/pre season advertising.
  2. Advanced Lawncare

Advanced Lawncare LawnSite Member

I have already started some limited advertisements in local paper, and making a few contacts. Most of my advertising at this time is focused on commercial accounts.
  3. twins_lawn_care

twins_lawn_care LawnSite Senior Member

plan to start early march, and plan to mow middle to late march, weather depending. Never know with Chicago weather!
  4. Avery

Avery LawnSite Bronze Member

Only advertising we do is the Yellow pages. Started that first year in business. I have tried other methods but do not get the results that the phone book ad gets.
  5. LawnsRUsInc.

LawnsRUsInc. LawnSite Senior Member
    from midwest

we advertise all year round after learning that you should advertise where your competition advertises and advertise there when your comp doesnt. For flyers and that sort i would do it one month before middle to end of march.

6. Expert Lawns

Expert Lawns LawnSite Silver Member

I have put in one commercial bid. If I get it, it will be my first commercial account. got my fingers crossed
  7. mtdman

mtdman LawnSite Gold Member

Commercial accounts start earlier. Residentials mostly I start in March, go through May. I get calls all the way into June for residential service, lot of people don't think about it until it warms up.

Lately, my phone book ad has covered me for lawn mowing and I haven't really done a lot of advertising for mowing. Mostly for extra services, etc.
  8. Mac V2.0

Mac V2.0 LawnSite Member
    from Mid OH

A well run ad campaign never ceases. You have to pay to play as they say.
  9. greenman

greenman LawnSite Addict

I never stop!
  10. PROCUT1

PROCUT1 LawnSite Platinum Member
    from TN

snowin today.....and im still selling lawn work