1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

When do you start installs?

Discussion in 'Irrigation' started by rvsuper, Feb 6, 2003.

1. rvsuper

rvsuper Senior Member

When in the spring do you start installs?
  2. Mark B

Mark B LawnSite Bronze Member

I start as soon as I can. Hate to be the smarta@@.
  3. dougaustreim

dougaustreim LawnSite Senior Member

We install whenever we can get through the frost. We have installed in every month of the year except Jan and Feb.

Austreim Landscaping
  4. MattW

MattW LawnSite Member
    from NH

Well as soon as I can get the machine on the ground without the fear of sinking in and making ruts. I dunno about you all, But I have in the past sink a vermeer and a ditchwitch, many hours of cleanup, trucking in topsoil to fill the ruts and seeding! It is well worth my time to wait till I am for sure, last year was a decent year (little snow) was plowing by late april early may. But this year we got tons of snow! Got 5' across the front yard now. so we'll play it by ear! But in all actuallity, "whenever we can"

Hope this help's.

Green Grass Irrigation & Lawn Care
  5. Unlike you snow bound installers we don't really have to stop. We install all year round, but during our rain season(oct-apr) we have to wait until the ground firms up. Another big difference, I rarely install on anything bigger than a 1,000 sq.ft. lawns. Around my area, your lucky to find anything bigger until you move 40 miles north or 15 miles south.