When do you start spring cleanups?

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by thelawnguy, Mar 6, 2000.

1. thelawnguy

thelawnguy LawnSite Silver Member

Just for fun-no right or wrong answers.<p>Wondering when everyone planned to start cleanups? I had every intent to start this week (central Connecticut) since its been in the 50s the past two weeks but ground is still muddy til noon or so from the frost the night before.<p>Maybe next week. Im ready to roll.<p>Bill

2. cutntrim

cutntrim LawnSite Senior Member

April 1st.<p>----------<br>Dave in S.Ontario<br>

3. jrblawncare

jrblawncare LawnSite Senior Member

Started this week here in KY.Feels great to get back at it!!!

4. mattingly

mattingly LawnSite Member

What part of KY are you in JRB? I have started some this week. Some last week also.<p>----------<br>Integrated Landscape Solutions<br>Lexington, KY

5. gene gls

gene gls LawnSite Gold Member

I am hoping to start this weekend, W Ma..I start with the driest as early as possiable.

6. SLSNursery

SLSNursery LawnSite Senior Member

Bill- we've been working for about a week. Today, some mulch for a business grand opening was a nice reminder that Spring is right around the corner. I won't forget about the March and sometimes April snows though.<br>

7. jrblawncare

jrblawncare LawnSite Senior Member

Wade,we talked before a few months back,I e mailed you about Equip.dealers in lexington,I'm near frankfort.

8. thelawnguy

thelawnguy LawnSite Silver Member

SLS,<p>Dont you know it! The snow equipment stays right up front until the first mowing. I remember 97 and 98, 12 inch snowfalls on April 1. 82, 18 inch snow April 8. What will this year bring?<p>Bill