When do you stop planting?

Discussion in 'Landscape Architecture and Design' started by Buggaboo, Oct 18, 2004.

1. Buggaboo

Buggaboo LawnSite Member

Hi. Just wondering when in the season everyone in the piedmont (NC) calls it quits on (plant material) installation jobs. I've been slammed for a few weeks and have jobs spilling over into Nov. Starting to get a little nervous because the weather has been cooling off rather quickly......Is there a rule of thumb for this time of year?
  2. Coffeecraver

Coffeecraver LawnSite Senior Member
    from VA.

Mid December thru March normally sometimes wait until April 15th

3. bobdaduke

bobdaduke LawnSite Member

Need some help? I can travel to Greensboro if you want to subcontract some work out.
  4. Buggaboo

Buggaboo LawnSite Member

Thanks guys...I'm not so busy that I need to sub out help yet but I'll certainly keep your info incase I do!
  5. Meadowbrook

Meadowbrook LawnSite Senior Member

I was running into the beginning of December last year, so you should be alright for a while yet.

6. impactlandscaping

impactlandscaping LawnSite Silver Member

We usually get through December here. We also install live B&B Christmas trees for clients in January after the holidays.
  7. NC Scaper

NC Scaper LawnSite Member

What is it in Greensboro? I am getting slammed with work there also, but I certainly don't mind it at all.
  8. Rwise10230

Rwise10230 LawnSite Member

I'm in Winston-Salem.....do I need ot ease on down that way?,,,,,,,LOL.......
  9. zosoruins

zosoruins LawnSite Member

i am based in pittsburgh and as far as we are concerned up here you can plant as long as the ground isnt frozen. Been doin it for 30 years and never had a problem
  10. mdb landscaping

mdb landscaping LawnSite Silver Member

we usually plant up till the ground freezes as well, but it seems this late in the season we are having to push some jobs off till spring because nursuries are all out of the plant material we need. all they have left is specimens or second hand junk.