When do you think we will start mowing?

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by tiedeman, Apr 6, 2003.

1. tiedeman

tiedeman LawnSite Fanatic
    from earth

I want to know from the people in the midwest and northest....when do you think that we will be able to mow since this recent snowfall and the more yet to come???

2. LawnGuy73

LawnGuy73 LawnSite Bronze Member

Hopefully before May 1st.

3. I'm just south of the snow belt (I-70) by 50 miles.
    I mowed 2 lawns today. Been mowing for a week.
    But I do zero snow removal. Averages 2 snows per year here.
    Not enough snow to pay for a snow blade.

Dave

4. hustlers

hustlers LawnSite Senior Member
    from MN

april 20 in MN (hopefuly)

5. Four Star

Four Star LawnSite Member

I was hoping the second or third week of April. Looks like I'm going to be plowing snow tomorrow morning though. I'm tired of the snow already. Bring on the warm days and green grass already. What part of MI are you from Tiedeman?

6. tiedeman

tiedeman LawnSite Fanatic
    from earth

Clare, about 15 miles north of Mt. Pleasant. I was hopeing that I could start the 14th of April, but right now...I don't think that its going to happen.

7. Jason Pallas

Jason Pallas LawnSite Bronze Member

I was shooting for the week of April 14th too. It's been over 10 years since I've had to start later than the week with a Monday closest to the 15th - but this year we may be starting on the week of the 21rst if things keep going the way they are (although the later part of this week is supposed to be all 50s and above - that'll hopefully get things popping).

8. Randy Scott

Randy Scott LawnSite Bronze Member

August! :)

9. Toad

Toad LawnSite Senior Member

UNBELIEVABLE
    I think I may have to be admitted, possible six to twelve expected in th next couple of day's here in western New York. Going crazy ned to smell some fresh cut Grass.

10. rvsuper

rvsuper Senior Member

I've mowed the greens here once, and my own yard twice already, yes, my own yard twice already because I wanted to see how well it striped with my new kit.:D