When do you .....

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by Sharp Services, Dec 5, 2007.

1. Sharp Services

Sharp Services LawnSite Senior Member

put out fliers for the 08 season ...?

I have kept most of my customer and am still doing yard activities in 80 % of my 07 yards ...

But I would like to grow by 15% this year so I need to replace the 4 yards I lost and pick up and additional 8.
  2. MJS

MJS LawnSite Bronze Member

I usually put out one batch in Feb. and another in April or May.
  3. Siesta Key Lawn Service

Siesta Key Lawn Service LawnSite Member

We usually walk the neighborhoods we are targeting in late February and the first week of March. Depending on the weather, we usually begin mowing in mid to late March.
  4. tjsquickcuts

tjsquickcuts LawnSite Senior Member
    from Atlanta

I think you have to start in Feb....Try to start on a nice day on the weekend. Most impulse buyers will call. We have 87 target neighborhood and over 12k flyers to get out, and yes we will still be going door to door. We plan to get started this year on the 2nd week in Feb, so we have 2 weeks to hit all the target areas.
  5. wooley99

wooley99 LawnSite Senior Member

Very timely post and advise. I have 4,500 door-hangers and was wondering the same things regarding timing. Thanks.
  6. shane mapes

shane mapes LawnSite Senior Member

here because weather is no problem we start in the first few weeks of jan. then again in april and then again in june.
  7. old oak lawn

old oak lawn LawnSite Senior Member

first set late fed. and first part of march. started mowing this year on march 1 by weekly.
  8. bohiaa

bohiaa LawnSite Fanatic

I guess it depends on what part of the Country you live in
    going for Feb -March here in Texas Got 10,000 and already targeted areas
  9. Sharp Services

Sharp Services LawnSite Senior Member

Thanks for the advice ... last year I waited until late March and I think I missed the boat. I will diff. start in Feb. this year.

Thanks again!