When does everyone plan to start?

Discussion in 'Starting a Lawn Care Business' started by tjsquickcuts, Feb 23, 2006.

1. tjsquickcuts

tjsquickcuts LawnSite Senior Member
    from Atlanta

Just wanted to know when everyone was planning to start? Plus what quarter of the U.S are you all located? I am in Atlanta, actually the SW Burbs, and My actually start date is today, gives me a chance to make a walk through of all my lawns, and start preping them for the season. I am running a two man crew to start, and hope to end with a four man crew at the end of the year. I plan to do 15 accounts a day to start, working on a five day work week, with a goal of 25 plus a day. I think I have a pretty good plan this year. I plan visit each account in a week, therefore I have open weeks to treat, and landscape. In my area, I have been up selling all my customer on rocks, and the profits have really been off the charts. Only thing, its time consuming, so I figure this way, I have plenty of time to get it done without having to worry about if I can still make it to all my accounts. I am really looking to establish myself as one of the best this year so LQQK out:gunsfirin

2. Green-Pro

Green-Pro LawnSite Bronze Member

We will get started with property cleanups and pre-emergent somewhere around mid-March.

3. cwlawley

cwlawley LawnSite Senior Member

Started advertising today. Will be starting cleanups and treatments when people start calling...

4. Wells

Wells LawnSite Member
    from SLC UT

As far as weekly mowing goes we should be starting either the first or second week in April.

5. lowballer17

lowballer17 LawnSite Member

Passing out flyers today in the morning. Now it's snowing heavy. The walking will get me in shape by April 15. Should be cutting by then.

6. BSDeality

BSDeality LawnSite Silver Member

I've got a small project that is getting going next week for me.
    then some stump grinding and tree chipping later in the week.

Regular cleanups should start around march 15th for me, then hopefully mowing by 3rd week of april.

7. dKoester

dKoester LawnSite Gold Member

Started advertising today also, but we have been working already.

8. Team-Green L&L

Team-Green L&L LawnSite Bronze Member

One of my clients wants his spring clean-up, but Ohio has had some really strange weather so we're holding off til mid March.

9. Trinity Lawn Care  LLC

Trinity Lawn Care LLC LawnSite Senior Member
    from NJ

Start I didn't know we ever stopped:dizzy: (lol). We are going to be starting cleanups next week. I have customers that want to get this season rolling already. Looks like :drinkup: and:sleeping: are soon to be over.

10. PMLAWN

PMLAWN LawnSite Gold Member

We do mostly year contracts, so no stopping.