when does the kaniving bull#%%$#@ stop?

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by bobbygedd, Mar 22, 2004.

1. bobbygedd

bobbygedd LawnSite Fanatic
    from NJ

it never ends. guy calls my newspaper add. he needs a few things done at an unoccupied dwelling. remove ivy, and remove a few large shrubs(junipers and yews) , but only the ones he has marked with a ribbon tied to them. so i go look, there are like 15 there, but only 3 have a ribbon tied to them. so i give him a quote on removing the ivy and the ribboned shrubs. fine he says, go with it. went there today, and wouldn't u know it, ALL 15 SHRUBS HAD A RIBBON TIED TO THEM! what a scammer. when does it ever end?

2. Pecker

Pecker LawnSite Bronze Member

Just do the 3 he had ribbons on when you quoted. Make him pay what you agreed. Or better yet, let him have it!!

3. bobbygedd

bobbygedd LawnSite Fanatic
    from NJ

my instincts tell me i'll need my shovel for this one

4. dfor

dfor LawnSite Senior Member

If there is anyone here on LS that I can imagine solving this with the shovel method, its you. Go get'em Pauly.
    This is one of those jobs where I'd just keep on driving.

5. rodfather

rodfather LawnSite Fanatic

Well, as I see it bobby, you have 2 choices.

You can get on the phone and tell him the price is now X dollars more cause of there are now 15 and not 3 bushes that need to be tagged.

Or two...

Run, don't walk IMO.

6. sbvfd592

sbvfd592 LawnSite Senior Member

i whould just call him and be like buddy i dont have time to play games it will cost x amount for me to take out the other 12 if you want them done tell me if u dont well pay up

7. Davis Lawn Mowing LLC.

Davis Lawn Mowing LLC. LawnSite Member

You call him, tell him nice try, if he wants all 15 taken out, fine, the price goes up. Just take the price and multiply it by 5. If he says no, tell him to bugger off and never call the service again.

8. 1MajorTom

1MajorTom Senior Moderator

I say it's poor communication on your part.
    Women are much better communicators than men. :laugh:
    If it would have been me, when I called back, I would have clarified with the guy how many shrubs there actually were.
    I would have said, "so now for your price to remove the shrubs, I saw three of them with ribbons, do you only want 3 of them removed?" Then he would have said, "Oh sorry, the ribbons must have blown off.. I want all 15 of them removed."

I say let your wife handle making the calls. She will probably do a better job. :D

9. LOL my.......off at Jodi

10. satxmow

satxmow LawnSite Member
    from tx

he probally thinks you would send out a crew and tell them to remove the ones with the ribbons.