When does the season stop?

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by alpine692003, Sep 8, 2004.

1. alpine692003

alpine692003 LawnSite Bronze Member

When does the season stop for you guys and restart?

Dec 1st - Feb 1st?

:waving: :waving: :waving: :waving: :waving:

2. MJLsLawnCareNmoreLLC

MJLsLawnCareNmoreLLC LawnSite Senior Member

As long as there is work, it doesnt stop as long as the weather permits. You stop cutting when the grass stops growing and you start when the grass starts to grow.

3. alpine692003

When does the grass go dormant usually? I know you guys being in the US and all..

Around the 1st week of Dec?

I am going to be putting down some fertilizer for customers in the month of OCT, so I think it will continually grow until DEC?

4. BSDeality

BSDeality LawnSite Silver Member

my last scheduled cut is for Oct 15/16 this year. After that just the leaves are left, then one final cut to manicure it one last time before the snow flies, assuming we don't have a frost on the ground

5. alpine692003

What is snow?

:dizzy: :dizzy: :dizzy:

6. rodfather

rodfather LawnSite Fanatic

2nd week of December...then I wait for the snow to make some serious money...cha-ching :cool2:

7. fga

fga LawnSite Silver Member

same here, except, ofcourse this year i'll be full of christmas tree sap payup i try to start up as soon as possible, plan on beginning of march

8. naturescaretaker

naturescaretaker LawnSite Senior Member

In South Carolina along the coast we end the normal season in early November and start back up in March. However, we overseed with Rye as many yards as we can to keep the mowing going year round.

9. Patrick.B

Patrick.B LawnSite Senior Member

Well here in Louisiana There no snow here ..grass grow till dec and grow back in feb ....i take a vacation in between and get my quipment ready for feb ,,,,,,,,

10. Greenservice

Greenservice LawnSite Member

The grass stops growing here toward the end of Oct. and leaf cleanups go on into the 2nd week of Dec. I start spring cleanups about Mar. 15 and the grass will need mowing about the 2nd week of April (or a little earlier if it's been very warm).

I've heard that the weather is pretty mild all year in British Columbia. Is that true?