1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

When does your season end or does it ever end?

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by Orderlawncareonline, Dec 25, 2012.

1. Orderlawncareonline

Orderlawncareonline LawnSite Member

When do you guys season end and begin I know in the northern regions it begins in late march early april, how about the southern areas do you guys mow all year round? Also when do you start advertising for your business for the upcoming season?
  2. weeze

weeze LawnSite Fanatic

usually all the work is done by mid december. mowing is done until the end of octorber and leaves are usually done in november or early december and then they are all gone. jan and feb are usually our off months although last year i was mowing in mid feb because it warmed up so soon down here. a normal year i start mowing mid march but some people wait until april before they want you to start. by then the weeds are a foot tall almost lol.
  3. Kelly's Landscaping

Kelly's Landscaping LawnSite Platinum Member

This week weather we finish or not were calling it a season. This season has gone a bit long but the lose of 2 weeks at the end of the cutting season has made that necessary. As for starting up Not counting the office work were be back out side in 10 weeks or less.
  4. Orderlawncareonline

@JasonsLawnCare we are on the same schedule as you guys. And kellys landscaping your still working that great where are you located to work this long into the season, must be a southern area.
    Posted via Mobile Device
  5. knox gsl

knox gsl LawnSite Fanatic

I just finished up on the 21st. I will be starting the next season up on the 5th of next month.
    Posted via Mobile Device
  6. Orderlawncareonline

are you gonna start mowing on the 5th of next month or some other services
    Posted via Mobile Device
  7. tasser

tasser LawnSite Member

here in tenn we was cut grass on some customer yard 2 days before xmas. plus still do leaves that will last till mid jan and reseeding and sodding a few yards by mid jan we start do our winter prunning by mid feb we start spring clean so really no down time here happy hoilday to all of u and your family and a safe new year
  8. jsslawncare

jsslawncare LawnSite Bronze Member

9. All year in Florida....no stopping.
  10. Duekster

Duekster LawnSite Fanatic
    from DFW, TX

We slow down in N Texas but only stop for a week or two this time of year.