When I see per 1k, is this based on lot or lawn size?

Discussion in 'Starting a Lawn Care Business' started by adaptivehomeservices, Nov 12, 2006.

1. adaptivehomeservices

adaptivehomeservices LawnSite Member
    from Midwest

My research has brought me to this newbie question. A lot of people us per
    1k reference in some of their pricing. Are they referring to only lawn area or are they referring to the entire property?

When you arrive on a property, do you step off the lawn area to base your pricing off of or do you just figure out the lot size?

2. MattsMowing3535

MattsMowing3535 LawnSite Senior Member

Lot size is easiest. Thats what I use. I dont even price per acre usualy. I just look around the yard for things here nad there and toss out what I would charge.

3. ECS

ECS LawnSite Bronze Member

The chart I listed was for the lawn size, not the property size and not the house.

4. PMLAWN

PMLAWN LawnSite Gold Member

I do not cut concrete:)

5. jajwrigh

jajwrigh LawnSite Bronze Member
    Male, from Martinsville, IN

Or you can figure what you need to make an hour to cover your costs and turn a reasonable profit and charge accordingly. Most guys have some kind of minimum fee, just for showing up. For example, if you need to make $60 an hour and you think you can unload, mow, trim, blow, bill, and reload in 30 minutes maybe $30 makes sense to you. Perhaps $35 makes more sense if that is your minimum fee. Play with some numbers and try to figure in your expenses and go from there.

6. adaptivehomeservices

adaptivehomeservices LawnSite Member
    from Midwest

Thanks! As always, much appreciated!