When I started

Discussion in 'Introduce Yourself' started by Lawnboy112, Jul 6, 2004.

?

How old were you when you started?

1. 12-15

101 vote(s)
    35.9%
  2. 16-20

64 vote(s)
    22.8%
  3. 21-25

41 vote(s)
    14.6%
  4. 26+

75 vote(s)
    26.7%
  1. chuckers

chuckers LawnSite Senior Member

WOW! Its funny to see all you guys fight. I also love how you guys compare equipment to compitition. I mean I say hi to them if I see them at the gas station but I dont look at there equipment. It doesnt matter equipment wise just if you can provide professional service. Also if you have insurance taxes and all other required material.

2. old dog

old dog LawnSite Member

I started when I was 10 in '68.I quit for awhile and started back up in "80
    I went full time in "88 & never looked back.Last year I grossed 260 K off
    of 160 mostly residentaial lawns.If they have some help they could do it! payup

3. Patrick.B

Patrick.B LawnSite Senior Member

Everybody start cutting grass when they young and i did too but just cut my dad grass cause that was my job ..which i did went in lawn business long time ago when i was young ,

4. ajmctree

ajmctree LawnSite Member

Does it really matter what Lawn boy is saying ,that hes got x amount of accounts or making a million dollars . I don't think so but because of his post look at how many people have posted in respone to it .
    If it's truth or lies it doesn't really matter ,if it makes him feel good which ever way so be it .

This is just my two bits worth.

Ajmctree

5. FL&G

FL&G LawnSite Member
    from R.I.

I started doing this part time for friends and neibors. I had a three day work week and was looking for something productive to do in my spare time. One thing led to another and this year I am going at it full time.

6. dvmcmrhp52

dvmcmrhp52 LawnSite Platinum Member
    from Pa.

7. Stephanie Lynn

Stephanie Lynn Banned

I am 15 and I am getting started expanding, I am trying to get new customers, does it matter about your age and do you know any girls who have made this their business?
    :waving:

8. dvmcmrhp52

dvmcmrhp52 LawnSite Platinum Member
    from Pa.

There are two women that have a lawncare business near us,they do an apartment complex about a mile away.

Good for them and good for you, just keep it real cause
    it's quite easy for people who have been around a bit to know when the truth is being stretched.
    When people feel they are being told less than the truth there is less cooperation in answering questions.

9. Stephanie Lynn

Stephanie Lynn Banned

10. Stephanie Lynn

Stephanie Lynn Banned

yeah thanks for the advice, i am not planning to make it rich on mowing lawns but i do hope that i can earn some money this summer.
    wish me luck!!