When I Started

Discussion in 'Introduce Yourself' started by LCL Landscapes, Dec 2, 2004.

1. mrusk

mrusk LawnSite Gold Member

landcare pa, i am not doubting you, but you said you had 32 employees and 23 trucks. Hmmm

Matt

2. rookiemower

rookiemower LawnSite Senior Member

thats alot of trucks for so few employees, im not doubting you its possible payup

3. landcare pa

landcare pa LawnSite Member
    from pa

i have 7 parking lot sweeping gmc cab forwards alone! some of are mason dumps are used only in the winter only and are 2001-2002 , and my gas bill a month in the winter alone is $8000-$10000 so do the math i have a 2004 f-150 super crew lariet, 2002 f-350 super crew lariet diesel,and 2002 f-550 crew cab that im the only one that drives them! also my brother has 2002 f-350 crew cab,and a 2004 f-150 super crew fx 4 so theres 12 there alone payup

4. landcare pa

from pa

and i dont sell anything usually we have exmark laser z~s that we keep as spares

5. Todd's lawncare

Todd's lawncare LawnSite Senior Member
    from P.A

where in pa are you doing all this mowing ?

6. landcare pa

from pa

outside of philly,to lehigh valley

7. mmacsek

mmacsek LawnSite Senior Member

Landcare, What is the name of your business? What part of the Lehigh Valley do you work in? I'm from Easton and work in Easton, Bethlehem and Saucon Valley areas. Matt

8. Patrick.B

Patrick.B LawnSite Senior Member

WOW i'd did trucking for 15 years before i got into Lawn business ...my boss i was driving for in trucking had 5 18 wheelers and his fuel bills was close to $4500 a month and each truck was running 6 to 7 days a week and each truck had 300 gals tank ..i'm sorry ,,,i don't think you did your math right pa ,,,,,im not here to pick a fight on here but that don't sound right ....

9. old dog

old dog LawnSite Member

Last year I was spending $800 a month on fuel and 60% of that was in mowers.

10. The Turf Pro

The Turf Pro LawnSite Member

Well I really just started this month. I signed 2 accounts before I bought my mower. Many have told me in a couple of month I would be covered up. We'll see. This is a part time gig for me and I only wanting about accounts. :cool:

81 C 10 Chevy
    J Deere GS45 (48" deck) mower
    Yard Machine 21" push mower
    Craftsman trimmer
    Homelite blower
    5x8 tilt trailer