1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

When is fleet pricing and how much off is it?

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by PabsMaster, Jun 26, 2013.

1. PabsMaster

PabsMaster LawnSite Member

Heard about this couple days ago, does it happen every year. Is it only a specific brand?

2. vaacutabove

vaacutabove LawnSite Bronze Member

matters on the equipment scag i think is two mowers exmark is 3 stihl is 10. pricing matters on the equipment.
  3. 93Chevy

93Chevy LawnSite Fanatic

Maybe you should call your dealer??
  4. jhawk60

jhawk60 LawnSite Member
    from VA

Sometimes they run fleet pricing special where you only need to buy one to get the fleet price, Gravely had it on the 29th of last month.
  5. orangemower

orangemower LawnSite Silver Member
    from pa

Why would he do that? He can simply ask someone he doesn't know from a totally different region and he's set! Or maybe the dealer was closed and he figured he could get all the pricing info, right here, over night!
  6. 93Chevy

93Chevy LawnSite Fanatic

Maybe a better way to handle it would be to provide the dealer's phone number so we could call for him. It would take a little more effort on his part to get the number and post it, but the reward would be better because we could provide a legitimate answer.
  7. Kelly's Landscaping

Kelly's Landscaping LawnSite Platinum Member

Which brand are you interested to know about that is question number one. Fleet rate isn't a time of year its a discount given when your purchase is large enough to warrant it. Iv never gotten it on mowers I'm always shy it seems. Shindaiwa set there quantities too high for us too. I have twice gotten fleet rate on stihl purchases. First time I save so much I basically was given a MS441 with a 25 inch bar free that's an 800 dollar chain saw if you didn't know that.

As for calling the dealer I will say this some dealers are up on this sort of info and others are not. Personally I like to know what the hell I am talking about before it broach the subject. My dealer is great but he doesn't keep up with promotions he's 70 years old and his area of expertise is mechanical. That said if you can point him in the right direction he is more than happy to help you out with getting a promotion rate of fleet rate.
  8. kawakx125

kawakx125 LawnSite Bronze Member

wright runs a discount program throughout the year, fall is the biggest discount i believe. i believe they do have fleet pricing as well
  9. Jimslawncareservice

Jimslawncareservice LawnSite Platinum Member
    from mn

Exmark is 2. SCAG I believe has a point system. Even the catchers have points. I think you need to have 12 points
    Posted via Mobile Device
  10. Keith

Keith LawnSite Gold Member

Indeed. I've lucked out and bought stuff when there was some kind of promotion going on, but it wasn't because the dealer informed me of it. Seems they are unaware a lot of time as well.

I wish I had known Gravely had that deal last month.