When is it too late to get new accounts?

Discussion in 'Business Operations' started by BlueGrassBoy, Apr 15, 2012.

1. Roger

Roger LawnSite Fanatic

It is too late to get new customers when you have gone out of business because of lack of customers.

Being a small business owner in this kind of business if foremost selling, selling 24/7/365. It is not about shiny wheels, great stripes, or having a diesel powered mower. It is about selling your services, ALL THE TIME.

I shake my head in wonderment when I encounter a related small business providing services to residential customers, who do not have a business card readily available. If I see another contractor on the same property, and I like the work they are doing, their attitude, their resources, and believe they are somebody to be recommended, I ask for a card. Oh, ... so many times, "... I ran out and didn't get any more printed ..." or "... I think I have some at home ...," or other like reasons. How foolish! I am willing to help promote your business, and you are unable to give me a business card, ....? What are you thinking?

Business cards, ... very inexpensive. Always ready to make a sale for your services, but if you've gone out of business, it will be too late.