When is PAyday for your employee

Discussion in 'Business Operations' started by greenngrow, Oct 25, 2002.

1. greenngrow

greenngrow LawnSite Senior Member

I went through the search and really couldn't find what the answer to my question.

I wanted to know when you paid your employees for a weeks work. Do some of you pay every two weeks???

Trying to get some answers for next season.
  2. Kent Lawns

Kent Lawns LawnSite Senior Member
    from Midwest

2 week pay period.

Paychecks are direct deposited the monday after the PPD.
  3. kris

kris LawnSite Bronze Member
    from nowhere

Once a month on the 10th .... on the 24th there is a advance if wanted.
  4. bubble boy

bubble boy LawnSite Bronze Member

two week period, checks cut the thurs following

less paperwork than every week.

some say pay monday to ensure they show, some say pay fri to ensure they finish the week.
  5. CMerLand

CMerLand LawnSite Senior Member

Made one of my smartest business moves years ago when I changed my payweek and payday.

The payweek runs from Tuesday to Monday, with payday on Tuesdays.

First benefit is I no longer have employees not showing up on Saturdays cause they partied their paycheck away Friday night. Second benefit is that Monday becomes their overtime day if they worked the full week before. They may have 35 to 38 hours by friday or saturday, so now if they dont show up on Monday theyre missing out on Time and a half.

And Tuesday absenses are reduced cause they wanna come in and get their paycheck. So my workweek is already off and running.

May go to a two week pay period next year only to make payroll less frequent and perhaps allow for direct deposit to their bank accounts.

Once a month???? Wow, some of the guys who have been through here are broke by Friday and have no idea what a budget is. They would be looking for an advance after week 1. To be honest Im not sure that would even be possible her in NJ for a laborer position only for an executive or partner situation.

Best of luck to you

6. greenngrow

greenngrow LawnSite Senior Member

Thanks for the input. I am going to start off next year with payday on the following tuesday.

Again thanks for the comments
  7. LawnLad

LawnLad LawnSite Senior Member

We pay every two weeks, with pay day on Friday. After the two week pay period, it ends on Sunday night at 11:59 pm (important with plowing consideration). We report payroll on Monday, checks arrive Tuesday or Wednesday. Distribute them on Friday. No real problems.

I do like the Tuesday through Monday approach - that's thinking!
  8. Mow&Snow

Mow&Snow LawnSite Senior Member

I pay my laborer on Fridays. There is a 15 min window on that day when he is not broke. If he owes us any money, that is the only time anyone is likely to get any.

As he borrows money from me through out the week, some weeks I come out on top, and need to send him a bill on payday.payup
  9. kris

kris LawnSite Bronze Member
    from nowhere

10. John Allin

John Allin LawnSite Bronze Member

I would seriously doubt that is legal in any state....