"When is the annual Lawnsite Fair"

Discussion in 'Questions, Rules, Suggestions' started by nocutting, May 31, 2005.

1. nocutting

nocutting LawnSite Senior Member

Do we have Mower Races?........Picnics or other "Fun-Time Events?"........I enjoy meeting guys I buy equipment from on E-bay?.......Maybe we could have a "Sale-Bration" or something?.....I know I dont even Know the "Lawnsite Secret Hand-shake Yet?".......... :waving:

2. Sean Adams

Sean Adams LawnSite Gold Member

nocutting - several years ago there was a lawnsite BBQ held in Missouri by the former owner. At the time there were a couple thousand members and it was easy to get everyone at the same place at the same time. A year or two ago there was discussion but it was hard to decide since some people are so busy in the fall and can't get away and others plow in the winter and they couldn't get away...and then there was the discussion of having it somewhere warm and make it a vacation situation....nothing ever really materialized.

I would be more than willing to re-open the discussion once again and if things can become concrete I would be more than willing to put it together...issues are location, set-up (is it an equipment viewing or are there speakers and sponsors, etc... or is it everyone hanging out waiting in line to kidney punch me for a thread deletion here and there), expense, how long, when, etc....

3. Markf

Markf LawnSite Senior Member

Sean,
    Perhaps the picnic could be coupled with an expo or machine show that is held if Florida during the fall/winter months. The location of the get together could be held close to the expo so that a hotel room would not be an issue. Also, by coupling the picnic with a show, I assume the travel and expenses are a tax deduction????
    Mark

4. dvmcmrhp52

dvmcmrhp52 LawnSite Platinum Member
    from Pa.

Good to see you still have a sense of humor as you start to age................ :waving:

5. Sean Adams

Sean Adams LawnSite Gold Member

The truth is inconvertible... :)

6. olderthandirt

olderthandirt LawnSite Platinum Member
    from here

Sean it should be your choice of when and where, requirements are few. #1 Accommodations, I don't believe all the members will attend so you should be able to get by with renting 2-3k rooms for a wk.end. #2 Food, plenty of it served 3 times a day with snack in between #3 Liquid refreshments, We would want it all and lots of it also. Please tell us when and where your planning on the LS get together and make it a sticky so that all members will get the chance to see it and make plans to attend. I personally want to thank you now and will be awaiting my room confirmation # :)

7. dvmcmrhp52

dvmcmrhp52 LawnSite Platinum Member
    from Pa.

Mac, you of course have room number one...........Or was that door number one..............

Where did he say this was going to be?????
    I'm getting thirsty.......... :waving:

8. olderthandirt

olderthandirt LawnSite Platinum Member
    from here

Don't worry Dave, Seans the MAN and will come through with all that I suggested and probably add a few more freebies. He can't help it, its just his nature to give!

9. Up North

Up North LawnSite Bronze Member
    from MN

Yeah, Sean will probably throw in free t-shirts and all the free drinks we can handle...right Sean?? :D

I'm sure we could get some of the sponsors on this site to be there. And maybe we could get them to donate some items (small ticket items or whatever) for a raffle and donate the proceeds to Cancer Research or the Heart Foundation in the name of some our friends we've lost the past few months.

It would really be cool to meet some of the members. If nothing else maybe try to do a get together at the Expo or something. I don't know but I think it would cool to get people together.

Buck

10. DGM

DGM LawnSite Member
    from Ga.

ALRIGHT!! I already got my dual beverage holder cap on and the straw in my mouth! Need a refill!!