1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

When Is The Best time for Sales?

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by mc752000, Aug 4, 2003.

1. mc752000

mc752000 LawnSite Member

I am looking to purchase new ZTR, being so late in the season wanted to know when do the shop's have there end of season sales? When is the best time to buy equipment? Thanks for the Help!!
  2. LakeSide Lawn and Landscape

LakeSide Lawn and Landscape LawnSite Senior Member

If you have a good dealer any time is a good time:)
  3. Runner

Runner LawnSite Fanatic

That's hard to say, because there are so many good incentives in the Spring, also. I'd be willing to bet, that if you are buying a model at the end of the season, that is a good thing, but the dealer in the Spring will then have that same mower as a "last years" model, so it is a toss-up. I know, - you haven't learned a "dog-gone" thing from me on this post, but hopefully someone can come in and give you some actual insight. This is just one perspective on this. There are a few dealers on here who I KNOW can help you with your question. Good luck with it!
  4. mc752000

mc752000 LawnSite Member

Thank You, Runner!
  5. Randy Scott

Randy Scott LawnSite Bronze Member

Obviously when the next year models are available, they'll want to move last years units. Especially if big changes have occured in design and features. Also, they want them off their "floor plans" to free up money for new models.I know exmark has some new things coming out for 2004 and I am going to wait to see what they are and if they are worth the extra money versus last years models. I believe there wil be mandatory ROPS on all new ZTR's this year, for all manufactureres. Waiting to see what that's all about.

Also, if you want to risk them having something or not, wait until spring to get last years model units. Should be good prices then as well.