1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community on the Franchising Forum.

Dismiss Notice

When is the last day of clean-ups for you?

Discussion in 'Landscape Maintenance' started by lawnguyland, Dec 8, 2004.

1. o-so-n-so

o-so-n-so LawnSite Bronze Member
    from Alabama

I'm with macaw.......rain is killing me..Raining right now.........

I've got about half of my contract customers to finish up on and 2 will call customers. I should be completely done with leaf clean ups by Christmas if the rain will give up just a little.

2. spcfoor

spcfoor LawnSite Senior Member

I will be done hopefully saturday. I have 3 cleanups to do.

3. walker-talker

walker-talker LawnSite Platinum Member
    from Midwest

Four to do tomorrow and that is all she wrote...unless I get some calls I guess. Even then I might turn them down. I would like to winterize all my equipment before it gets too cold. Suppose to be 58º ro 59º this weekend and then start dropping off.

4. Lawn-Scapes

Lawn-Scapes LawnSite Silver Member

I thought I would be done today but it started raining at noon. I have one more to do.

5. Lux Lawn

Lux Lawn LawnSite Silver Member

We have been getting a couple of calls here and there for small clean-ups lately,no snow in the forecast until next week so this might be the end of it.

6. lawnguyland

lawnguyland LawnSite Bronze Member

gracias for the responses

7. mkwl

mkwl LawnSite Bronze Member

I just finished my last cleanup on November 21. Bring on the snow!!!!

8. packerbacker

packerbacker LawnSite Bronze Member

When i finish the last one

9. SpudsM15

SpudsM15 LawnSite Senior Member

I got 22 to do next week... If i can bang out a few this weekend. Rain is killing me 3 1/2 days outta this week have been rain and wind!
    Next week I have pesticide training! 2, 8 hour classes! Possiblity of snow on monday oh man i'm not gonna finish!

10. LAWNS AND MOWER

LAWNS AND MOWER LawnSite Bronze Member

More like, "When is your last mowing?". Mowing has gotten in the way of my cleanups. Normally I'm through mowing by Halloween, but this year has been different. When I thought it was the last cut for some accounts, I had to mow it 2 more times. I was mowing last week, and still have about 10 properties that need one last cut. I'm still at the tip of the iceberg when it comes to cleanups, but I've learned which ones to do first. My snowbird (seasonal) customers are on the bottom of the list. Out of 50 cleanups, I have 30 to go, not including all the extras people want done.