1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

When is the next Turf show like in Indy?

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by landscaper3, Nov 15, 2000.

1. landscaper3

landscaper3 LawnSite Bronze Member

Does any one know if there is another Turf show like in Indy and where?
  2. Eric ELM

Eric ELM Husband, Father, Friend, Angel

At the last show in Indy, a prototype Chopper got stolen there. It has a Yanmar 20 Hp verticle shaft diesel engine with a radiator on the side, not on top like originally designed. It has 5 patents on it, but someone ripped it off. I would think they would give a nice reward for anyone telling them where it is. Keep an eye out for it, who knows, it might show up.
  3. GroundKprs

GroundKprs LawnSite Bronze Member

The GIC recently held in Indy is a roving annual conference, generally held east of the Mississippi River. Next Nov it will be in Tampa, and in 2002 in Charlotte. If you are looking for turf emphasized conferences in the midwest, there is much available every year. Example for the next few months:

North Central Turfgrass Expo (IL): 11/28-30, St. Charles, IL
    Ohio Turfgrass Conference & Show 2000: 12/4-7, Colombus, OH
    Midwest Regional Turf Expo (IN): 1/9-10, Indianapolis
    Michigan Turfgrass Conference: 1/15-18, Lansing, MI
    IN/IL Turfgrass Short Course: 2/26-3/2, Willowbrook, IL

Four of these are within 3 hours of me. There are an equal number of ornamental related conferences, and probably a dozen joint or specialty confs or shows over the next 5 months in this same region. There are many other offerings around the country.

For New England area, check out http://www.nertf.org/ , and for links to many other state & regional associations, got to http://comp.uark.edu/~karcher/turflinks/ (Doug just moved this site from MI to UARK, and is updating it for the new server; may be some minor problems, depending on your browser).

By simply joining your state or regional turf and/or ornamental associations, you will be advised of their educational activities. Over time, with exchange of mailing lists, you will be advised directly by mail (email in the future?) of all events in your region.

[Edited by GroundKprs on 11-16-2000 at 03:02 PM]
  4. dhicks

dhicks Member

F.Y.I. There is a big show in January in Baltimore. I have seen it mentioned in several turf mags, but I don't recall the exact dates. I need to find out quickly so that I can do whatever it takes to get a ticket.
  5. Vandora Lawn & Landscape

Vandora Lawn & Landscape LawnSite Senior Member

I'm gonna check on this one with my local dealer (I'm from Baltimore). If I hear anything about it, I'll let you all know.
  6. landscaper3

landscaper3 LawnSite Bronze Member

Thanks Groundkprs we are going to attend the Maryland one in March. Agian thank you for the info.
  7. Vandora Lawn & Landscape

Vandora Lawn & Landscape LawnSite Senior Member

According to turf magazine the conference is January 24. It is the Maryland Turfgrass Council, Turfgrass 2001 Conference and Trade Show at the Maryland State Fairgrounds, Timonium, MD. The Contact is John Krouse at (301) 345-4199. If any of you need help with the area, I'd be happy to give you assitance. I'm from Baltimore, which Timonium, is just 3 or 4 miles north of. Hope to see you all there.