When is The prime time to hand out door hangers and Flyers

Discussion in 'Starting a Lawn Care Business' started by dannyboy03, Jan 21, 2004.

1. dannyboy03

dannyboy03 LawnSite Member
    from NW Ohio

iam new to this business and looking foward to making some big money. i have two questions when is the prime time to hand out flyers? should you hand them out twice? my last question is where do i look for people you want to sell there accounts. thank you in advance

2. dannyboy03

from NW Ohio

someone has to have an answer?

3. Turf-rite

Turf-rite LawnSite Member

I believe middle to late Feb. is good, then follow up with a phone call for a reminder first part of March.

4. captaingreen

captaingreen LawnSite Senior Member

Last year I did flyers in early March. That seemed to work well. I think most of my competition in this area is timed about the same. I think Jan-Feb is bad because of money spent during Christmas and general crappy weather. By March I think people are beggining to think spring is on the way. Good luck!

5. WeatherMan

WeatherMan LawnSite Senior Member

January, Febuary and March

6. jajwrigh

jajwrigh LawnSite Bronze Member
    Male, from Martinsville, IN

I usually start my advertising in February.

7. alpine692003

alpine692003 LawnSite Bronze Member

ya wait until March.

I handed out 500 door hangers last two weeks, 0 calls with 0 responses from newspaper ad.

8. scottt

scottt LawnSite Senior Member

That's quite a website you have there dannyboy.:blush: Going to put the address on all your advertising?

9. scottt

scottt LawnSite Senior Member

I didn't think it would take long to remove the link once it was noticed. Guess I was right.

10. dannyboy03

from NW Ohio

no i think i have some sort of spy ware b/c i never but that in there, and i get these weird pop ups, but thanks for noticing