1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

When it rains it pours, but when it doesn't???

Discussion in 'General Industry Discussions' started by Trinity Lawn Care LLC, Aug 22, 2006.

1. Trinity Lawn Care  LLC

Trinity Lawn Care LLC LawnSite Senior Member
    from NJ

How is everyone making out? Not that long ago it seemed like it was raining every day. Now, there is no rain in sight. I know that this is typically a dry month, but we are like 3" low on rain fall for this month. The skips have really started pouring on like wildfire. Lawns are so burned up there is no signs of life, or future cutting for that matter. We did 2 1/2 days worth of work today due to skips. Hope others are doing better then we are.:)

Come on Fall clean ups!!!:)

RICHIE K LawnSite Senior Member

Same here thank GOD we have paver jobs and other landscaping to due. Last week we skipped a few but we cant control mother nature. What part of jersey you from.

Richie K

www.kulakandcompany.com :)
  3. grass_cuttin_fool

grass_cuttin_fool LawnSite Gold Member

1/2 day mowing for me this week, still have a few shrubs to prune and a load of mulch I can deliver and install, thats about it for me. I will try to go over the machines extra well and have them in A1 shape for if/when it rains

4. kc2006

kc2006 LawnSite Silver Member

After this week I'll probably have to skip a few. Good thing I have landscaping work lined up to fill in.
  5. Trinity Lawn Care  LLC

Trinity Lawn Care LLC LawnSite Senior Member
    from NJ

We are down in Gloucester County. We have been doing a little tree work, and have some small landscape jobs to do. However, was not expecting for the lawn to burn up so soon. We did not start skipping and moving customers to bi-weekly until like September last year. Even some customers with irrigation have lawns looking pretty hit. Guess next week is a great week for two of our people to be going on vacation.:)