When it rains, it pours.

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by NateinAtl, Apr 4, 2000.

1. NateinAtl

NateinAtl LawnSite Member
    from Atlanta

What do you guys do if you can't get to some of your accounts due to rain? I'm not talking about missing a day or two, but if you can't get to some of your accounts for a week. Do you do nothing? Or do you do some sort of prorating on those customers contracts? Any info will be great. I think I may have about 10 customers that I won't be able to get to within 1 or 2 days of their normal visit. For instance, if they are to be mowed on a Wednesday, I may not be able to get to them by Friday. Do I mow Saturday and then again the following Wednesday, or do I skip totally until the following Wednesday? Most of my lawns are bermuda so it won't be that big of a deal, but what about payments? Please help!!!

2. cjcland

cjcland LawnSite Senior Member

i would charge the same if they are on contracts if they are by the cut i guess you would have to eat it<p>----------<br>CJC Landscape Management<br>Winter Haven, Florida

3. Lazer

Lazer LawnSite Bronze Member

1 visit per week. Yes cut them 4-5 days later. Thats what we're in business to do.

4. I wouldn't totally skip a cutting unless it's something out of your control. To much rain, other contractors working on the property ect. IF you do the work bill it, if you didn't don't unless you intend to do something instead such as extra fertilizer ect.<br>As in your instance, so what if you cut it late. As long as you cut it, it shouldn't be a big deal. <br>Also, never put in writing that you will cut a person's lawn on a Wednesday, unless you know for a fact that you will always do it on Wednesday. Instead, only state that you will perform work once a week. It's ok to commit to a day verbally, but i would never do it in writing. If you don't perform the work on the specific day, technically, you're in breach of contract.<br><p>----------<br>J-LC Landscaping & Maintenance Gardening<br>C-27 Ca Contr# 770044